WVHillbilly520H

Somebody got it (the Cub) all wrong!

WVHillbilly520H

Took the trash over to the dump this evening and this is what I saw, No Scavenging policy so there it is upside down and lost forever... Looks to be a IH "QuietLine" 1000 series like dad's couple with the steel fender pan and cast iron rear transaxle. Makes me sad and mad to see some moron throw it away rather than post it for give away :handgestures-thumbdown:  :angry-banghead:   :angry-teeth:.

IMAG6040.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Sad 12

bc.gold

Bribe the custodian.

WVHillbilly520H
28 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Bribe the custodian.

My F.I.L worked for the county, they wouldn't even let him have it.

WHX??

No sympathy here Billy... Dan found a couple of horses in the same predicament and we could not save them. :(

JAinVA

So much for recycling.Morons here think that means haul it all to be ground up and made into scrap metal.Seems to be  the same where you are too.

Gone are the days when I hauled more from the dump than I took there.

• Sad 2

bc.gold
3 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

So much for recycling.Morons here think that means haul it all to be ground up and made into scrap metal.Seems to be  the same where you are too.

Gone are the days when I hauled more from the dump than I took there.

I often wonder if the money from the scrap goes into general revenue.

JAinVA

Around here all the scrap metal feeds the coffers of the contract waste hauler.One of the worst arrangements ever negotiated by a hick county lawyer and a mega waste hauler ever.

Edited by JAinVA

elcamino/wheelhorse

Same here Jim .. Just thing of all the stuff that could be saved if the dumps would let pick. I think all of Richmond's waste is hauled to the land fill area at one of the old plantations .

WVHillbilly520H

I know we can't save them all, but here you give it away at least at the scrap yard (recyclers) they give you $20.

WVHillbilly520H

I'll start a new thread later but I did save 4 Cub Cadets from the scrap yard ALL for 1 price just lately a 1970 model 126 (12hp Kohler 3spd gear drive with creeper Hi/Lo box 3rd lowest production of the IHCC that I'm planning a full resto on) 2 series 7 model 1200 one that can be salvaged the other is basically parts built from 1974-79 12hp Kohler and 3spd gear drives and last a later model (1985-89) CCC model 1210 with aluminium grill shell and hydro transaxle that may very well end up a parts rig as well.

20191215_144355_HDR.jpg

20191216_153811.jpg

20191217_153008.jpg

• Like 4

Herder

lookout, your being invaded. :eek:

• Haha 1

WHNJ701

pet cemetery in the middle photo?

WVHillbilly520H
Just now, jabelman said:

pet cemetery in the middle photo?

I guess... I didn't ask as I was loading up.

Mudrig150

I've sadly watched many tractors go through the scrapper, there is some guy who buys old equipment cheap then just throws it in his junkyard. I saw a nice running GT14 for cheap and the dude quickly scooped it up and threw it in the junkyard, and of course, there's a no scavenging policy. Some dude went in and unknowingly took a 414-A, never was told there was that stupid policy, and he got a pretty hefty fine for theft of property and the tractor was confiscated. Now they have a sign, "NO SCAVENGING!!! ANY TAKEN ITEMS WILL BE COUNTED AS THEFT, AND POLICE WILL BE CALLED"