kto434

GT/315-8

kto434

Does anyone know the production numbers for the 2007 GT/315-8 (the last year/batch of the classic GT)?  I have been looking for one (not to buy, just to spot) and am having trouble finding any 2007 models and wonder if the production for 2007 was low making that year’s model harder to find.  I would like to see the production numbers year by year for the GT/315-8s from 2002 thru 2007.  Not sure if that info is available.  Thanks!

gwest_ca

See if this works for you

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/2-wheel-horse-manuals/

Click on the 1998-2012

At the right just below the red bar click on Sort By and select Title. That will show the results sorted by the file title.

Go down the 17 pages and look for the red Wheel Horse head and wheel logo. There should be one at the beginning of each model year. Click on the bold file title and a list of the models will come up.

Here is the page for 2007.

Garry

kto434

Thanks, Garry.  Given the S/Ns, are you suggesting they made 999,998 of model 73450 (or 270999999-270000001)?  That seems like a lot (to me).  If they sold that many I suspect 2007 may not have been the last production year.  Maybe there was something else in the link I missed.  From anecdotal things heard over the years (but never corroborated) they sold very few 315-8s in 2007.

I appreciate any help/clarification—thanks.

Edited by kto434

ebinmaine

@kto434

That number wasn't the amount of Wheelhorses sold.

I think It was the amount of available serial numbers.

You are correct in your assumption that if they sold a million of ONE model they'd have been much less likely to be discontinued.

gwest_ca

The 270 is the model year.

The 999999 is the available serial numbers.

Keep in mind every attachment got a serial number also and they sold more attachments than tractors.

This type of serial number started with the 1991 model year.

In the past some model year serials continued on from the previous year. Other years they started over.

It is interesting to see all the found serial numbers for all years in a single list. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to keep an active database going in the forum.

Garry

bds1984

I would just buy it and never look back if you come across one.  I have a 2002 315-8 with 400-ish hours on it that is for mower duty and love it (just wish it were an auto).  It really is a shame that they are out of production and similar quality units are in the stratosphere for prices.