peter lena

lousy day , great for tying

BOB ELLISON

Pete I loved to tie flys for trout fishing. I just haven't tied in 3 years.

I can see you love it by all the Flys you've done. I don't have the time this year with making the seats now but after the big show I'll try again. You know I love it after buying 1 cape for $75.00. I have 9 capes. I was really good at it but I'll have to start over because I've forgot a lot. Haha

• Like 4

troutbum70

I also do some tying, my wife will ask how many flies does it take to catch a fish? My answer at least one more.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

depending on where you are and season stage you should have a good selection of flies, my old master was a ridged old school tyer  who only tied exact copies of classic flies. once he helped me get started , i started " tweaking " flies, he said you can,t do that. that was when the synthetic  material was just coming in, i never looked back. then i started fishing the mountains of Montana, private cattle ranches, kamloops  trout from icy streams in B/C  and  big brown trout  pushing 30"  getting towed around  on a pontoon boat , you can,t tell people about it , but your smile and interest  , says it all. my grandson loves the quiet water and the sudden violent hit and chasing down fish in pontoon boat and fins. he likes it because when we go out , because you have everything you need. he is learning to pack and prepare , correct  what you need every time you go . i think i have him hooked , keep tying, pete  

• Like 3

WHX??

All I can say is next to tractors that is a fine hobby :)

• Like 2