colklenk

Opportunity to buy...

colklenk

Have an opportunity to pick this up for $500

603 that has had the extra sheet metal added to it, like fenders and such. Adapted hubs on the frontto put the 5-12 bar tires on the front. Might need some carb. work. It was a little fickle last time I had it running. Has a Briggs and Stratton 8 horse on it. Comes with the blade.

Worth it?

Thanks in Advance!

56866292_2440378642652960_5207694970781171712_n.jpg

57486555_2440378592652965_8632786739137609728_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

WHNJ701

I would say no, looks like a hack job

• Like 3

Sparky

I would take a look at it as long as you don’t care about originality ( I don’t care about a machine being original or not). Assuming those rear tires are in good shape and not all dry cracked, there’s over $200 just in rear rubber on it. The plow with axle mounts is $150 plus. That seat looks real nice! don’t think the asking price is all that out of line for a custom...maybe offer $400...try to settle in the middle at $450?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

squonk

I think the front tires look darn cool on it.

• Like 8

oliver2-44

First off  :text-welcomeconfetti:

Interesting custom, has some cool things going for it.  Take a look at how they mounted those rear duel tires.? They have bolts in the outer holes that usually are for wheel weights.  Thats OK, so long as there's some kind of spacer that tied to all of the holes verses individual spacers on each bolt. 

rjg854

:WRS: @colklenk

It's got a nice look to it.  Looks to be in decent shape. 500 doesn't seem out of the question.  If you like it and willing to make a deal for it, that's all that matters. Is it worth it to you, that's the  $500 question ;)  Should be able to push some snow with it.

Herder

I'm thinking it's kind of cool.  Buy it, get out there and tear up the yard with it.

dells68

Honestly, I’m digging the look.  The narrower front tires give it a cool look.  I say it’s probably worth it.  Looks like a pretty well thought out custom to me.  Would definitely be a cool show cruiser.

• Like 1

clueless

The tractor with everything on it may be worth the price, but there is nothing about it that says it's a 603, other than the decal on the belt guard. The 603 is a fairly rare tractor.

Edited by clueless

953 nut
3 hours ago, colklenk said:

Worth it?

That is so subjective, If it flips your switch then it is worth it. I like customs, but the way some of the sheet metal was hacked up is a shame. 

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@colklenk :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Subjective question...If you like it - go for it! Kinda cool looking...

But not "worth" it as an original is "worth" it...

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:I Iike the looks of it. It will turn heads.

Metal225

Looks like a cool tractor to me i would buy it ,its all up to you

• Thanks 1

Darb1964

That tractor is cool, it it works good I would jump on it. I have missed out on tractors i should have jumped on because I hesitated on price. I look at one now and the price is not outrageous i make an offer, if they take it nice if not I'll pay what they want. I may have over paid a little on one of two but got good deals on others. I'd rather pay a little over on a good tractor i like than not get it. You get your money back enjoying it. I lost out on some nice tractors for hundred dollars give or take and have yet to get another chance at one as nice. Years of use and fun trumps the dollars.

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

colklenk  :WRS: I hope all works well for you.

Pullstart

@colklenk:text-welcomewave: to :rs:!

that’s a pretty sweet custom, I’d love to see the front hub conversion!  The tires look like mini skid steer treads, and I see the value there.  It’s sad to see any round hood hacked the way that is, but I like the intake matching the hood stack.  Keep us updated if you pick it up, and feel free to tell us a little about yourself!

The Tuul Crib

I think it’s cool lookin myself . Sort of a conversation piece if you will, after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

i would be happy with it!!

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

:text-coolphotos:

LengerichKA88

If I had 500 in my pocket I’d poke around at it...I’d not pay that outright from the get go though. I was always told to offer a little less than what it’s actually worth, and that customization doesn’t factor in (school of thought on that being that I didn’t ask for any of that stuff, and since it’s not essential to the operation of the machine, doesn’t factor into the actual value.) just like tires, battery, etc don’t since they’re part of maintenance. I’d personally start at 375 visible in my hand when making the offer and go up from there. 

Let is know what happens, and Welcome to Redsquare! 

colklenk

Going to look at it tonight will let everyone know how it plays out. Thanks for the Welcome!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

dells68
1 hour ago, colklenk said:

Going to look at it tonight will let everyone know how it plays out. Thanks for the Welcome!

Good deal!  Several of us around here are HOOKED on these little machines.  My son and I are up around 21 or 22 Wheel Horses, along with some other projects.  Let us know how it turns out and remember, it's not what everyone else thinks, it's what you like and enjoy that counts.  God made us all different for a reason and our tastes are different too!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Chris G

Looks pretty good to me and I say probably worth it. A good penny in rubber alone.

• Thanks 1

Sparky

I see the FB ad says sold....are you the new owner?? 

Rfp55

May be best as a show piece to impress. It will I think. Won't turn any sharper than in the pics. I have one that rubs front tire on blower when I turn and do not like that. Nobody thinks it is 4x4.

colklenk

Hey All-

Apologies for the late update as I headed out to Vegas after going to look at it. I am indeed the new owner of this fine little unit. As stated above I bought it just to turn a few heads. The metalwork is nothing to write home about it is a good '15 footer'. I primarily purchased it to take to a friends house once a year when he throws a party over labor day weekend and everyone brings their mowers out for races, pulls, and just show. I believe this guy will fit the bill 100% for that purpose. Will definitely keep updated if o more importantly so when i make any mods\changes. Thanks all for the 'Welcome' messages. Looking forward to getting to know these machines a little better.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1