Dano101

D160 axle seal

Dano101

I’m sure it’s on here somewhere but not quite sure how I would find it. Just curious If anyone knows the seal number for the axle seals on a d160? 

Thanks Dan

The Tuul Crib
31 minutes ago, Dano101 said:

I’m sure it’s on here somewhere but not quite sure how I would find it. Just curious If anyone knows the seal number for the axle seals on a d160? 

Thanks Dan

Look above in this section it should give you the numbers you need. Napa has those seals too.

• Confused 1

953 nut

You could do a little measuring to be sure. The axles are 1.125 outside diameter so there are a couple of common seals that could fit. If the O.D. of the seal is 1.375 +/- then you meed a "SKF 11050"; if the O.D. of the seal is 1.625 +/- then a "SKF 11123" is needed. Any good auto parts store can get them for you.

• Like 1

Dano101
20 hours ago, 953 nut said:

You could do a little measuring to be sure. The axles are 1.125 outside diameter so there are a couple of common seals that could fit. If the O.D. of the seal is 1.375 +/- then you meed a "SKF 11050"; if the O.D. of the seal is 1.625 +/- then a "SKF 11123" is needed. Any good auto parts store can get them for you.

Thanks for the input I guess I’ll have to rip it apart. I was hoping to have seal on hand before taking apart. Thank you though!

pfrederi

All sundstrand use the same axle seals.  WH 6449   SKF 11124