Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

How rare is the GT2500 silver aniv model

dieselhorse

I am starting a basic refurb on a GT2500 silver aniv model, looks like a C series, has a briggs power plant, headlights ect. Just curious as i would like to find one for myself, but cant seem to find out much about them. Mike

refracman

Mike

Its basicly a C series with a briggs engine, crome decals and silver rims with a logo seat. Terry can make the decals for it but the are more costly than regular ones. Heres some pics of one by me thats for sale.

Decals: http://www.redoyourhorse.com/servlet/StoreFront

003-15.jpg

004-14.jpg

007-9.jpg

Kelly

I've never owned one but seen quite a few of them, I don't think they are rare, they seem to be built like the SK??? tractors kinda cheap with the briggs motor no frills, to me they should have made it a nice fancy tractor for a anniversery model :omg:

Kelly

Steve is the hood notched where the air cleaner goes? I have a engineless tractor no decals and no model tag, but the hood is notched kinda on a angle nice job to clear a air cleaner, but it has the iron blocks on the frame for the shaker mount kohler???? guess something has been changed over the years.

refracman

Kelly,

Yup the hood is notched for the air cleaner, and your right I believe they only came with the 8 speed nothing fancy. The engine on this one has the riser they used on the 8hp to align the drive pulleys.

You would think they would of spiffed it up a little.

Rollerman

Like Kelly & Steve mentioned the GT2500 was kinda a bargain built model with the exception of the bling decals.

The engine was an all aluminium block...no steel liner for the cylinder. :omg:

They also used the light duty 4 pinion 8 speed with 1" axles.

There was also a C111 model that had the same HP Briggs engine but had a cast iron cylinder liner & used the heavy 8 speed with 1 1/8" axles & 8 pinion diff.

The GT2500 & C111 both had the notch cut to clear the B&S air filter placement.

dkopp

I've got a '79 C-111 with the 1-1/8" axles but my briggs engine did not have the liner. Its all aluminum. Not worth overhauling in my opinion.