Rayp

C 160 Automatic Transmission oil

Rayp

Can someone please tell me the best way to fill the Transmission with oil.  I tried a funnel with a small outlet but the oil overflowed.  Then I tried a gear box filler pump with similar results.  The filler pump did get some oil into the transmission, but given the overflow and that the transmission takes some 11 pints of oil I thought there must be an easier way!

daveoman1966

put a long hollow tube...maybe a small od fuel line....in the funnel so an air vent gets created, allowing air to escape ass you fill the trans..   CAUTION....these hydros are EXTREMELY SENSITIVE to the tiniest bit of debris.... so wipe everything d9own before filling...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

chev0545
7 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

put a long hollow tube...maybe a small od fuel line....in the funnel so an air vent gets created, allowing air to escape ass you fill the trans..   CAUTION....these hydros are EXTREMELY SENSITIVE to the tiniest bit of debris.... so wipe everything d9own before filling...

take a bolt out of the top of the trans for air

• Like 1

Rayp

Thank you both for the helpful advice.

Rayp

Can someone please show me where the Drain Plug is for the Transmission/transaxle.  The manual says it is at the bottom on the left but I cannot find it.  There are two 'Allen key plugs' on the bottom  and a larger 'plug at the front, but this larger plug seems to be some sort of valve and not the drain plug.

Edited by Rayp