Sign in to follow this  
tgordonjr

Sigh

tgordonjr

I am begining to get a little depressed. I have found what I think is the perfect color match for my 1987 WH 211-5, I have already started the prep work for the trailer which I will post pics, I am ready to start the tractor so I can use it in a few months but I am unable to find ANYTHING for it, specifically the decals for it and seat. I have talked with Terry and found out the bad news that he does not have that template for that model, and parts tree says their unavailable. Although I have emaild toro and parts tree for a slight chance I can find something, can anyone please help me find these items. I hit a brick wall with this one :omg::drool::drool:

Ready for a newer WH tractor, one with parts availble.

Docwheelhorse

Unfortunatley its not the year of your tractor its the fact that its a verticle shaft "little guy" lawn tractor and that they really aren't that sought after. Find yourself a B,C,300,400 or 500 and everything you could ever want is available.

Sorry for the bad news.... its a good little worker----just one of the few Wheel Horse "less than desireables" :omg:

Tony

Duff

Maybe another way to look at it is with or without decals, it's still a Wheel Horse, and therefore better than just about everything else out there! But like Tony says, keep your eyes open for one of the more common models and let your herd grow!

Duff :omg:

Buzz

Here's a thought. If it's not that terribly popular, who's going to know whether the decals are 100% correct? Go to Toro and enter model # 22-11B501 and click on decals. See if Terry has anything similar. Looks like #1 and #2 with the xxx-x were used on several models. Try the same year, maybe model 312-8. I won't call the "correct police" if you don't. :omg:

tgordonjr

thanks all, I know its a smaller tractor and very, no extremely hard to find anything for it (wish I would of done some research before I bought it, was just happy to have a wheel horse at the time) , and still am, it mows ok probable just need to be leveled it and a few minor things (seat, decals) but I am not mowing acres and I would like but dont need a snow blower, which is good since this model doesnt have it :omg: (if anyone knows of a plow for sale for it let me know). Just a pain not to be able to find the decals(stupid 211-5) :drool: but maybe some more beer will help with the decision to use another tractors decals with different model#. Though I am kinda a perfectionist, gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks again for your input and am still trying for pics so everyone can see progress.

tgordonjr

oh yeah, sorry about the spelling, coors and spelling doesnt mix well for me :omg:

ol550

tgordonjr, I had Terry make me a set for a 211-A and they fit up pretty well at the seam at the front of the hood. Just needed a little trim. Look great, but I don't know if it is the same format for a 211-5. Hope this helps. :omg: Mike

Duff

I have talked with Terry and found out the bad news that he does not have that template for that model, and parts tree says their unavailable.

Hmmmm....I just checked Terry's web site and he does stock a full set for the 211-3. How different are they? :drool:

Duff :omg:

bustedglass

I have a 211-3 ( it is a 215.5-5 now :drool: ) . Anyway, 211-3 & 211-5 are the same animal as far as body size goes.

And, don't be so hard on yourself for getting the 200 series. I have owned mine since new in 1985, and would not trade it for anything :omg: . I am in the process of refurbing a 414-8. But rest asured, it will NOT replace my Little Horse.

tgordonjr

Thanks for all of the responses, and you are right, I should be and I am happy with what I have, Hey its still a wheel horse and a good little tractor just harder to find parts for. Dont want to come off as ungrateful with what I have because I am not. I was just frustrated. But with all of the great suggestions that everyone has given me I will be able to get it done and have it look good. So thanks again everyone, and I love this site. :omg: :drool:

wh500special

When doing your shopping make sure you are looking for parts for the right 200 series. If yours is an '87 with the Aero headlamps (L-chassis) you have the newer style. Prior to '87 they look like the tractor Bustedglass has on his profile picture (B-chassis) which essentially morphed into the 250 series in '88.

My book only goes thru 1990 and they made this series for a longer time I think. You can try these numbers, look up all the part numbers for each, and see what's available:

1986:

32-11B301

32-11B501

1987:

32-08b501

32-11b401

32-11bx01

32-12K601

1988:

32-08B402

32-11B402

32-11BX02

32-12K602

1989:

42-08B401 ("super bagger" model w/ 30" single blade deck)

42-11B501 ("super bagger"....)

32-11B403

32-12B501

32-12BE01

1990:

32-10B501

32-10BE01

32-12O501 (the "O" after the "12" is not a zero. It stands for "onan")

32-12OE01

32-16BE01

I'm not going to look up all the part numbers to verify this, but I think in 1988 the hoods got a little longer so a bigger muffler would fit. In 1990 the decals were black with big Toro letters and small WH letters - everything prior was a maroon stripe.

Good luck on your quest for decals. If you can find one from any of these you should be able to send it to Terry D to duplicate...

There was a snowthrower and blade offered for these tractors by the way. The thrower (06-36SL01) works acceptably but the tractor really isn't up to the task of pushing much snow with the blade (16-42BL01) due to lack of weight and a rather flimsy transaxle.

While I figure I am alone in this respect, I really like this style of tractor :omg: and have a half dozen of them.

Steve

tgordonjr

well had a little bit of luck with the decals from toro. There were actually a few available yet just listed as unavailable??? :omg: I was pretty happy until I typed in the product # for the rear decal and the price was $32 for one decal :drool: . I would rather use marker then to pay that. the search continues.

tgordonjr

AHHHH!!!! well I guess I just have bad luck! I put my first coat of paint on the tail gate of the cart and not to toot my own horn but it looked great. You could see some inperfections from the rust that was on it but I wasnt looking to put putty on. So anyway I thought it was looking good and I left it alone in the shed only to come back out to find it on the floor :omg: . turns out my dog got in the shed ( no door on it yet) and knocked over the picnic table umbrella which hit the tail gate. dents and scratches all over although it doesnt look like it went down to bare metal, hoping I can sand it out. Still trying to figure out how to post pics. Anxious for everyones opinion on how it is turning out. :drool: