Effie46

520H gauge bulb replacement

Effie46

I have a mid-late 90's 520H and my wheel horse distributer told me that original gauge lights are no longer available from wheel horse.  He gave me a ge replacement number but cannot find it listed anywhere in ge's catalog or any of the "million bulbs" websites. I'm sure someone out there knows what bulbs are currently available for gauge lighting.

Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks,

Effie

Effie46

Thanks to Gary and Jim for the two websites.  My only question is my existing gauge bulbs seem to have a permanently plastic black socket molded to the light.  At least I couldn't feel any spring tension when I tried to press down on the bulb in order to twist it to get it out of the base.  Both websites you guys gave me lead to small bulbs but they do not have this molded base on them.  Is there some modification I need to make to the wiring in order to use the newer bulbs, if so where would I get the sockets to put them in and insert them into the back of the gauge panel?

Thanks you both so much for your input so far.  As you can guess I'm not a mechanic or electrician!!!

Regards,

Fred

gwest_ca

Have no idea what you have.

What number did the dealer give you for a replacement?

I was wrong on the 53X having a different base than the 53. It is the filament that is different so a plain 53 should work.

Here is what I was looking at.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/73520-520-h-toro-520-h-garden-tractor-sn-5900178-5999999-1995/electrical-system/

By chance do they look like this. These are listed for the idiot lights that monitor the safety switches on some models

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/parts/95-7652/

Garry

lynnmor

Push in on the bulb as you turn it a bit counter clockwise.  Use gloves in case the bulb breaks.  The sockets could be corroded, but it is unlikely that all of them are so bad that the bulb will not come out.  Try again and if the sockets are so bad, I believe that NAPA can help you with new ones.

WVHillbilly520H

Here is the incandescent #53...https://www.bulbamerica.com/products/ge-53-2w-14-4v-automotive-low-voltage-miniature-light-bulb...

55 minutes ago, Effie46 said:

Thanks to Gary and Jim for the two websites.  My only question is my existing gauge bulbs seem to have a permanently plastic black socket molded to the light.  At least I couldn't feel any spring tension when I tried to press down on the bulb in order to twist it to get it out of the base.  Both websites you guys gave me lead to small bulbs but they do not have this molded base on them.  Is there some modification I need to make to the wiring in order to use the newer bulbs, if so where would I get the sockets to put them in and insert them into the back of the gauge panel?

Thanks you both so much for your input so far.  As you can guess I'm not a mechanic or electrician!!!

Regards,

Fred

You should not have to press down much on the bulbs to release them just twist and the should come out realitively easy.

Tractorhead

The bulb you searching is here handled as BA7S connector if this helps.

they used often in Older Mercedes and BMW before 1980 in Dashboards.

maybe find it at Hella Catalog and get it at EKQ

Effie46

OK gentlemen, I have looked at the above websites and I guess I need to know the wattage to voltage that I need to buy?  I didn't know there were so many lights similar to what I am looking for so I guess I need to know the tech data.

Thanx in advance.

Fred

lynnmor

Get a #53 bulb wherever you want, or buy the equivalent LED.  Just Google #53 bulb and choose among about a gazillion suppliers.