Mike Jones

C101 electrical problems

Mike Jones

Hi all

I have a C101 which worked fine last year but when i turn the key now everything is dead. I have put in a new battery, changed the starter switch, changed the line   fuse, but it is all dead. I have hot wired it from the battery to the starter and to the coil and I then get a spark and the starter spins....anybidy suggest where else I look

many thanks all

Mike

squonk

Does it have an ammeter? If so check there! 

• Like 1

peter lena

any safety switches on that ?  pete

953 nut

:WRS:

Two potential problems related to seasonal storage are mice and corrosion. Inspect all the wires for damage and then clean and tighten ALL electrical connections including grounds.

• Like 1

RetroMower

Id check the wiring to the safety switch under the seat. You could remove the connector from the switch and jump the two terminals in the connector effectively making the tractor think someone is sitting on it and thus checking if the seat switch is bad. Same goes for the pto safety switch. See if the outer tab is not bent and closing the circuit preventing start-up.  Btw :text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

Goldnboy

I had the same issue on my tractor last week, corrosion on ammeter and bad clutch safety switch. Caused me to go through all wiring and double check connections and ground.

Mike Jones

thanks to all who responded to this. I will be getting back to it next week!