Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Wheel Weights

nylyon

Does anyone know about or have a picture of the Wheel Horse flush mount wheel weights model number: 81117? I am told they are cast iron and better than the plastic ones which extend past the wheel.

Thanks

Curmudgeon

I'd like to see a picture too. I've come across some flush mount weights, but have no idea if they are standard issue Wheel Horse, aftermarket, or a different brand entirely mounted to the Horse.

I'll be darn if they are currently off site though, so please don't ask for a picture of them. I will try to get one one of these days though...

Dale, in Michigan

Rollerman

Karl any idea about what year they were used?

I can't say I have ever heard of them?...but like to know more now.

I wonder if theye are the cast black ones you sometimes see on the 300,400,&500 series tractors?

They sit flush....just thinking.

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

At the time there was a dealer here in NY Sherwood's, who had the cast iron items. I never made the trip to see them, but they were new so I presume they're for the newer 300, maybe 400 or 500 series. Wish my tractor budget were higher, so much to buy so little money!

Sparky

Karl. If you remember I have 3 sets of flush cast iron weights (50#s each). One set is definately Bolens as it has it cast into the face. Not sure what the other 2 sets are but I will try to get pictures and #s off of them and send em to ya.

Mike....

nylyon

I had posted the original request before getting the 414-8 with the other wheel weights. At that time I was going to buy a new plow, weights and chains, but found the 414 with everything I needed. Yep, I sure do remember seeing those cast iron weights, paid close attention to them too, and I like them a lot better than the ones which I have (even if they do say Bolens on them) :D

Curmudgeon

The cast iron weights I have came on a C-141, but again, no idea of the exact manufacturer. Hopefully I'll get some pics within a week.

Dale, in Michigan

Curmudgeon

Here's the pictures of my wheel weights:

th_100_0291s.jpg

th_100_0290s.jpg

th_100_0288s.jpg

Not the best of pictures granted, and they are all rusty and dirty to boot, but such as they are... They were originally some sort of cream color by the looks of them. No names cast in, but there are some remains of totally illegible stickers.

Here are some pictures from a 1977 brochure:

th_100_0292s.jpg

That's the best picture I have. The only thing I can say for sure is, they came in BOTH red and white. Hmmmmmm

Dale

nylyon

I have no idea if those are Wheel Horse or not, but in my opinion, paint them up nice and they're going to be better than the plastic concrete filled ones like I've got.

Curmudgeon

Agreed! Wheel Horse or not, they'll be used.

Whether they are true Wheel Horse or not is just a curiosity, but I don't think they are.

Dale

Sparky

These are my cast iron weights at 50# each. They fit nice and flush with the rim. E.Rowe Foundry is on one side and Martinsville Ill. is on the other.

Mike....

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc172/s...=Weights004.jpg

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc172/s...=Weights003.jpg

nylyon

Clickless....

Weights004.jpg

Weights003.jpg

See not retired just yet!

Sparky

Thanks Karl. Not sure why they came out as clickable.

Mike....still learnin :D

nylyon

Anyone know how much the plastic ones weigh? I really like those cast ones (even if they aren't red)

Sparky

Well a little spray paint and they can be red.

As far as the plastic weights they come in 2 sizes. Unfortunately I only know that the smaller ones are 35#s. I would suspect that the bigger(deeper I think) ones are about 50#s when full of sand or whatever you pour into em. I have a set of the shallower ones.

Mike....