troutbum70

Comando 800 Electrical Questions

troutbum70

Dug my commando 800 out today, cleaned up the electrical connections. With tractor not running seeing 12.5 volts, running 13.2 to 13.4 volts at the battery. Should my voltage/rectifier be producing closer to 14 volts? Because my big hand does not fit well in the hole to unplug the rectifier I have not checked the stator, But because it is charging to what I said I am assuming the stator is okay. Looking at the manual it shows 2 of the pins on the rectifier can be switched either way between ac and battery. Mine is the 15 amp circuit. 

Edited by T-Mo
Edited title to be more specific

ebinmaine

I'm thinking you're fine with that.

In the "old car" world...

Live battery, not being charged should be over 12.45 volts with 12.8 best.

Auto systems usually charge a touch higher than your tractor is now but as long as you are over 13 you're likely ok.

• Like 2

953 nut
7 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

it shows 2 of the pins on the rectifier can be switched either way between ac and battery.

On your regulator/rectifier the outer terminals are Alternating currant and they can be turned either way, no problem. The Center DC terminal should read in the 13 to 14 volt area (varies with Engine RPMs), yours sounds fine.

• Like 2

troutbum70

Here is a picture of the rectifier on my tractor, if you notice the two right pins it does not matter which one is hooked to what.

IMG_20190402_091208.jpg

• Like 1