bizon

Pulleys for Speeding up

bizon

Hi everyone i got myself a wheelhorse 416-8  with manual gearbox

Can anybody say me wich pulleys i can search for speeding up my horse?   It does not need to race but a bit more speed ( tinking about 15-20 miles/h if possible!)    I was thinking to use the low gearing to mow and drive normal    And the high gearing for long distance  cause now when i have to drive the engine make much sound and no speed at all 

dont worry i am going to make a front axle with brakes, it is also  going to run on atv tires and rear tires 26*12-12 much wider so it will not turn over 😎  

tnx mates! 

Ohw and..  excuse me for my bad english..  i live in belgium

F4BB276C-3621-4FB3-92D5-23A0511B7C92.jpeg

10DC3A32-B2EC-4AE2-AC50-5C2C4C9A85BF.jpeg

F6525586-8F7B-453E-A366-9FE8715A3491.jpeg

• Like 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, bizon said:

excuse me for my bad english.

:WRS:

Your English is fine.     I would be very interested in seeing the brake system you have for the front axle. 

To make your :wh: go five times as fast as it was designed to go could be hazardous to say the least.       :scared-eek:             You would probably need to go from the engine to a 5:1 gear box and then on to the drive pulley on the transmission. If you only put a smaller pulley on the transmission and a larger one on engine you probably wouldn't even double the speed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Your gearbox was not designed to go much over 6-7 mph ... anything over you are taking your life into you own hands. Over here we would call it hold my beer and watch this. You might be able to get 9 -10  out of her but that's even pushing it. I would suggest you look for a different tractor you want to have that kind of road gear from. Probably not gonna happen with a WH front brakes or not. 

• Excellent 1

wallfish
1 hour ago, WHX22 said:

:text-yeahthat:Your gearbox was not designed to go much over 6-7 mph ... anything over you are taking your life into you own hands. Over here we would call it hold my beer and watch this. You might be able to get 9 -10  out of her but that's even pushing it. I would suggest you look for a different tractor you want to have that kind of road gear from. Probably not gonna happen with a WH front brakes or not. 

WHAT, I made one that went over 30 mph with a 8 speed trans. But yeah, it was kinda "hold my beer and watch this" but...still fun

20 mph is too fast to still use it for tractor duties in my opinion but it is possible 

Use this pulley calculator. Plus fill the trans with motor oil instead of gear oil.

http://gadi.agric.za/software/renting/pulley_calc.php

• Like 5

cschannuth

I upsized the front pulley on my 606 from a 2 1/2 inch to a 3 1/2 inch and went from 5 mph to over 8. I would think upsizing the front pulley a couple of inches and downsizing the rear pulley a couple of inches would make a huge difference in speed. 

• Like 1

bizon
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

Your English is fine.     I would be very interested in seeing the brake system you have for the front axle. 

To make your :wh: go five times as fast as it was designed to go could be hazardous to say the least.       :scared-eek:             You would probably need to go from the engine to a 5:1 gear box and then on to the drive pulley on the transmission. If you only put a smaller pulley on the transmission and a larger one on engine you probably wouldn't even double the speed.

Thnx! The brakesystem  is in my head for if i can speed it up..  but i'm going to make it from a front axle of an child atv  if i make it i will share some pics 

• Like 1

bizon
5 hours ago, wallfish said:

WHAT, I made one that went over 30 mph with a 8 speed trans. But yeah, it was kinda "hold my beer and watch this" but...still fun

20 mph is too fast to still use it for tractor duties in my opinion but it is possible 

Use this pulley calculator. Plus fill the trans with motor oil instead of gear oil.

http://gadi.agric.za/software/renting/pulley_calc.php

In belgium we have maney  good beers 😁    But like i said it it not my will to go driving trough the city with it       And maybe my 20 */h is a bit to enthousiast 😇   

@wallfish thnx for the pulley calculator    But where can i find this pulleys? Here in belgium nobody knows wheelhorses..😔  so i must calculate go to someone to make it on demand and that is not cheap i think..       or another pulley  with oem numbers so i can just order thisone 

Ralph S
On 3/21/2019 at 3:22 AM, bizon said:

In belgium we have maney  good beers 😁    But like i said it it not my will to go driving trough the city with it       And maybe my 20 */h is a bit to enthousiast 😇   

@wallfish thnx for the pulley calculator    But where can i find this pulleys? Here in belgium nobody knows wheelhorses..😔  so i must calculate go to someone to make it on demand and that is not cheap i think..       or another pulley  with oem numbers so i can just order thisone 

Try www.mcmaster.com they might have pulleys on stock