bottjernat1

my restored rj 58

classiccat

My gosh she's a beauty!   Awesome job! 

Regarding her rear end, I won't tell, if you won't tell.  :ph34r:  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

If you feel down on yourself about that beauty, I’ll be looking forward to your next work of art!  Nothing to be ashamed of there!

• Like 3

bottjernat1
7 minutes ago, classiccat said:

My gosh she's a beauty!   Awesome job! 

Regarding her rear end, I won't tell, if you won't tell.  :ph34r:  :lol:

what is the difference in the tranny's? i know the brake side plate had the brake in a different position. is that the only difference? i actually changed out the brake side plate on this tranny because a couple of  local guys that my late dad and i know are wheel horse geniuses and did tell me the plate that i had on it was wrong so i changed it.

classiccat
16 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

what is the difference in the tranny's? i know the brake side plate had the brake in a different position. is that the only difference? i actually changed out the brake side plate on this tranny because a couple of  local guys that my late dad and i know are wheel horse geniuses and did tell me the plate that i had on it was wrong so i changed it.

My apologies bottjernat... I'm RJ clueless!  :doh:...just here giving a brother some moral support! 

I'm sure a local RS RJ genius will be by shortly to answer that though!  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

bottjernat1
28 minutes ago, pullstart said:

If you feel down on yourself about that beauty, I’ll be looking forward to your next work of art!  Nothing to be ashamed of there!

im hoping to get my wife's 1969 commando v8 running it is buried in my beater shed. it is in really good shape right now. i just have to figure out why it has no spark. it ran in like 2014 then the next year no spark and it has the funky ignition setup only on that motor. i wish it had the hole in the block for points id just convert it. it has the screw holes for a cover but no hole in the block

bottjernat1

So does the tag mean june 9th of 1960?

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

im hoping to get my wife's 1969 commando v8 running it is buried in my beater shed. it is in really good shape right now. i just have to figure out why it has no spark. it ran in like 2014 then the next year no spark and it has the funky ignition setup only on that motor. i wish it had the hole in the block for points id just convert it. it has the screw holes for a cover but no hole in the block

What about looking for a more modern vertical shaft engine from another brand machine?

bottjernat1
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

What about looking for a more modern vertical shaft engine from another brand machine?

I want to keep it as original as possible. i try to keep things as original as i can my late dad was that way to. a tweek here and there im ok with but i am not a fan of motor swaps unless the tractor is all cut up. Her commando is in great shape. i had 2 new front tires put on it in 2014 and tubes in the back tires. fresh oil and plug and battery when parked. I will get it i hope when i dig it out this spring. i will bring it home and take photos and see what you all think and if she is able to be fixed. 2 brothers that where sons to a wheel horse dealer are in a garden tractor club near me and they said a few years ago that i could have a machinist drill to put points on it. but i needed to find someone who knew what they are doing

• Like 1

Pullstart

Those are good points, it would be cool to adapt them to the block you have indeed

• Like 1

buckrancher

likely a replacement center case or po changed transmissions and used a suburban 400

Edited by buckrancher
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

That tag is the date the casting was made, not the complete tractor. But yes, that means the transmission casting is June 9th 1960. 

• Like 1