Bowdoinham Dan

Snow Thrower Idler Sprocket

Bowdoinham Dan

The bearings on this idler sprocket are totally seized up.  Anyone know where I can order a new part?

IMG_6192.jpg.2ff92d32404d9d32c5c8b12c2326e9ae.jpg

rjg854

The last ones I bought, I got from Tractor Supply 

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

If you have a TSC nearby take that one along a match it up, # of teeth plus bearing I.D. 

• Like 3

Bowdoinham Dan

Thanks!  Plenty of those around here.  Will do

• Like 1

WHX??

Replace both while yer at it and check the chain. If your luck runs like mine tho TSC will have only one or none on the rack and no #40 chain to boot!

• Like 1

peter lena

you might also find one at a local  BEARING DISTRIBUTOR , strongly recommend that you keep that entire chain sprocket auger system bathed in LUBRIPLATE  CHAIN AND GEAR LUBRICATING OIL, AEROSOL CAN.  that seizure would have never happened. i lube mine before use and after , and put it away oil wet. spins easily by hand . good luck , Pete 

• Like 1

gwest_ca

You may find the replacement sprockets available have an extra tooth or one less so good time to replace the chain as that will affect the chain length. Most times 10 feet of chain come with a master link but pick up a 1/2 link in case that is needed to get the optimum chain length.

The sprockets I can get come with a common 6203 bearing in them. You purchase a pair of bushings that you press into the bearing to fit the mounting bolt which in this case is 1/2".

Next time the common bearings used are easy to replace.

Garry

Sprocket idler 40 chain .5in bushing.jpg

Sprocket idler 40 chain 8069932.jpg

• Excellent 4

squonk

Tsc will have only 1 like Jim said, and it will have 1 extra tooth like Gary said. Will have to add the 1/2 link. Change BOTH sprockets and the chain.

WHX??

I did find some orginal tooth count ones .. Mowparts if I remember right but they were far from sealed as per Garry's post. you could actually see the bearings in side the races so matter how well you would keep them lubed they would wash out right away. I try and lube the chain down after every use but often forget about the sprockets. Usually packed with snow in there anyway.