Sign in to follow this  
refracman

spring cleanup

refracman

Well spring has sprung and was out cleaning and seeding. I decided to thach and seed this year as I was mowing more dirt than grass :omg: .

Had the thatcher and sweeper hooked together and was using the vac for to empty the sweeper, and then mowed /vaced before seeding. Man seed is getting up there, took 200 lbs of seed and probably should of used more. Anyways heres the setups.

004-13.jpg

002-13.jpg

pfrederi

Nice pictures

What was the black hood doing...observing, keeping lookout???? :omg:

refracman

Paul

Its wants to stay with the herd but it dont have the right perigree, so its out by the road lookin for a new owner :omg:

Its a 1980 C165 if ya was a wonderin

bitten

Steve

The C165 doesnt have the right pedagree but the Toro does :omg:

P.J.

refracman

lol

Welll the toro does have WheelHorse badgeing but I have to admit that I would rather drive it for mowing and leaf collection, :omg: its a comfortable driver and a whole lot quiter the rest.

As for the 165 it has the rubber mounted motor ( meaning pedigree)

oldandred

great looking pictures well the black hood is keeping all the other box store tractors away kinda like a armed guard

One question why do you wait untill spring to plant seed I put mine down in Oct, and dec, gives it time to get going

Rideawaysenior

Steve,

You ever really work that Toro? Just wondering how the Tuff Torq trannys are. I know there are a few other makes out there that use them and label their tractors as garden tractors.

I've got a Sears GT5000 with the hydro and a sleeve hitch and a 416-8 with the sleeve hitch. I was using a single bottom with the 416 and tossed the idea of beinging the Sears but after getting into the soil wondered if I might have blown the guts out of the Craftsman. I think the tranny on that may also be a Tuff Torq.

Jack

refracman

Oldandred

I like to seed if the fall also but the weather or was it me :omg: didnt cooperate.

Anyhow with the prime swamp ground I have stuff seems to grow reather qwikly.

Jack

My 417XT has a Hydro-Gear in it. And it is a aluminum house type trans I try not to beat to bad. I have plowed snow every year and have pulled the vac for the last 3 and it has held up well. For the real heavy stuff either the 160 or the gt14 get called into duty.

I have recently picked up a nice running 953 and if I keep it I'll have to see how it preforms.

003-13.jpg