Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Biggest Meanest Toughest B80-8 PERIOD!!

Docwheelhorse

Hello All--Today I rebuilt the whole steering system on the old horse and put in fresh bearings in the wheels. With the loader on I was surprised to find that it steers just as good as the 520 did !!! I put my york rake on the back and except for adding a few more weights to the other wheel, this machine is battle ready!!! I don't know why but this B80 is the toughest one in my fleet, it has a plain jane yank start Kohler Mag 8 on it with 24x9.5 rears and 18x8.5 fronts with the 310 extra long spindles. Ground clearance is about 7 inches. I can't wait to go off into the woods and work the loader.

Tony

2009_0328Image0001.jpg

CHARGER9AUTO

Tony, Good work to rebuild your B-80 8-Speed loader. :omg: Ben........

C-Series14

I have known folks that have moved the uprights back towards the fender and it really helps. My ARK 550 is more aft than yours but I would still like to move it another couple inches....

Nice setup!!! :omg:

Suburban 550

Looks like a tuff little machine ready to work. :omg:

bitten

Tony

Nice looking set up. I like how we can use differant stuff from other Wheel Horses and make what we want. Nice job.

P.J.

wheel horse 1045

now that horse looks ready to work

WHC-125

That looks like a BEAST!!! You should take a video of it in action or a bunch of pictures. Also what are those tires on the back because my quad's tires were new a year ago but since I drive it on the road in the winter the ice wore them down. :omg:

Guest fireman

Tony,

Seeing that really makes we want to put the loader on the C-81 instead of the D200 :omg: .

Docwheelhorse

Thanks Ben and everybody else for the replies, Chris--those are Carlise AT489's and they are avaialable at Walmart for around $69 apiece if I remember right. They are the four ply heavier duty ones and work great in snow/mud---but you probably already knew that!

Tony

WHC-125

Thanks Ben and everybody else for the replies, Chris--those are Carlise AT489's and they are avaialable at Walmart for around $69 apiece if I remember right. They are the four ply heavier duty ones and work great in snow/mud---but you probably already knew that!

Tony

I was thinking about getting ITP mud lites all the way around on aluminium rims. I think that would look good on the B-80 too :omg:

CHARGER9AUTO

Tony

Tony, Your Welcome . Ben........

Nick

Tony, The loader looks nice on the B80. And I bet you will have some fun out in the woods. There just something enjoyable about moving and loading logs with some forks on the KW.

loader004.jpg

sorekiwi

The loader looks right at home on there. I love my B-80, I bought it as a back-up mower and it quickly became my main "worker".

Love the landscape rake too. I gotta get round to building one of those. Is that a genuine York, or did you build that too?

stevebo

Looks good Tony. Wish I had the land to use one of those .. :omg:

HorseFixer

Looks good Tony! :drool: I want a loader so I can Haul The Trash Can 100' out to the end of the drive! :omg: When ya live in the city with a 100' X 150' Lot Not much else ya can do except Use it for a dust Pan When edging the driveway. :( No matter I still wanna build one, Which Round hood you guys think would look good with one? :drool: You guys are lucky who have some acreage to play with the toys!

KyBlue

Yep, what a beast!!

Duke - lack of acreage isnt going to stop me from building one... and shouldnt stop you either!!! Build a set of Trash Can Forks, use a third control valve, add squeeze ability to the forks...Haul the cans out and drop em out w/o ever leaving the seat!!

wheelhorse101

looks just like my c-81 with my FEL and let me tell you those 8 h/p kohlers sure put out some power for its size im surprised in the little guy i need to get some photos in here of it :omg:

Coadster32

Looks real good Tony. You certainly got the right place to play with it. :omg:

can whlvr

real nice setup i must say that i am jellous :omg: :drool:

bk-scouter

Very tough looking set up there! Nice! :omg:

-BK

Butch

Get rid of that comb hanging off the back and stick a backhoe or ditchwitch on! :drool: :omg:

Docwheelhorse

Thanks again for everybodys kind words and Butch---if I could figure out how to put a backhoe on the back it would be there. I just don't have the talent that Nick does!!!! Maybe he'll build me one and put it on all for say $500???? :omg:

Tony

Docwheelhorse

P.S>--I have a back blade, a disk harrow and a scarifier blade (box blade with spikes to tear up the ground ahead of it) for the brinly sleeve hitch too.

Tony

Butch

Thanks again for everybodys kind words and Butch---if I could figure out how to put a backhoe on the back it would be there. I just don't have the talent that Nick does!!!! Maybe he'll build me one and put it on all for say $500???? :omg:

Tony

Maybe at this years Convention all you guys can pool your talent and put one on in those couple of days. I would love to see some pojects going on to observe people doing their work.

Butch

C-Series14

Maybe at this years Convention all you guys can pool your talent and put one on in those couple of days. I would love to see some pojects going on to observe people doing their work.

Butch

Don't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd annual show but a couple of us put a Kwikway FEL on Ben Kasler's C-160, it was a blast!