Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Made a Swap For a 754

HorseFixer

A year ago I met a guy who said his company was a vendor for Wheel Horse. We went out to his Garage and there he had what appeared to me to be an 854. He was calling it a 754. I said no Wheel Horse never made a 754. Well as we all know I was wrong but my knowledge at that time was limited and I have gained a Wealth of knowledge from reading and wonderfull forums like Red Square since that time. I asked him what other WH tractors he had and he showed me an ole badly rusted RJ with stuck tranny and steering that wouldn't even move from being stored outside. I asked if he would sell me the two tractors and he said no! During the course of this conversation which was hard because "he is almost deaf literally which made the Ole Duke like this guy even more" Duke has a soft spot for disabled people..There are alot of people on a fixed income with dissablities and just dont have alot. Anyways I asked him what his most favorite tractor was, he told me he use to have a 1054 and he sold it years ago cause he needed the money, and he wished he never did. No doubt in his present financial state he most likely would never be able to afford one. He said he would really like to have that tractor back but when he contacted the guy he sold it to to get it back a couple years later, he was informed it was STOLEN! :omg: Damn Horsethiefs anyway! Hang Em All!

Well fast forward to yesterday: I stopped by his home and visited him, and we went out to his garage and looked at his 754 again :drool: I noticed an HY3 pump installed that I didn't catch before which was a bonus, and I looked the tractor over real good. And measured the hood and saw that it was missing the belt guard and that he had started disassembling the engine carb, metal, head, etc but all the parts were there. I asked him what he wanted for it and he wouldn't budge and give me an answer. We then went in his house and he said he wanted to show me something. He brought out a Wheel Horse Process Manual something that I had never seen or heard of. He said this manual came directly from the factory and was given to vendors who did work for wheel horse. This manual has engineering data and contains diagrams and criteria Wheel Horse has set standards for their equipment to be made and fabricated, It also contains strength of materials and engineering symbols for fabrication and design. I looked the manual over and then gave it back to him, he then gave it back to me and said "Duke I want you to have this" I looked at him in disbelief and thought a minute. I said well tell ya what I will do I have acquired a 1054a this last year and his eyes lit up. I will trade you that tractor with deck for that 754 and that Ole RJ. He Accepted our deal with a tear in his eye. he was finally gonna get a 1054 back that was his favorite tractor.

One of the reasons I made this swap was 1054a was out of my years of collection being it is a 1965 I have a 953 which is virtually the same tractor and It sure felt good giving this guy the tractor of his dreams. The 754 will need some work, less the belt guard its all there. Anyways thats the story I will post some pics when I pick it up and deliver the 1054a in a couple weeks. :drool: Here are some pics of the WH Process Manual Have you guys ever seen one of these? :(

ProcessManual001.jpg

ProcessManual002.jpg

ProcessManual003.jpg

ProcessManual004.jpg

KyBlue

Very Cool story and a great thing to do Duke!!

bitten

Duke

Great find and a very nice gesture on your part. It sounds like you both made out.

Are you going to scan and make it available to us less fortunate people? I am always looking for new info and would find the process manual great stuff.

P.J.

oldandred

thats great story and the

process manual also

Now heres what you do with the 754

Just pack it up in the trailor real good so not to danage it

and be8ing it on down to Chesterfield Va, it can stay with the other

four I have and be right at home with its own kind

:omg:

HorseFixer

thats great story and the

process manual also

Now heres what you do with the 754

Just pack it up in the trailor real good so not to danage it

and be8ing it on down to Chesterfield Va, it can stay with the other

four I have and be right at home with its own kind

Suburban 550

Great deal, buddy. :omg: Everybody ended up happy.

BTK07

HMMMMM :omg: Let me see, OLDANDRED has 4, WHEELFIXER has 1, and I have one. Looks to me like there are alot more out there hiding that need to be rustled up. :drool: (Better watch your stables) LOL

BTW Good find. I'll bet you made him a very happy man. :drool:

BTK07

Sorry about that, HORSEFIXER, not WHEELFIXER. You may kick me now. :omg:

bell

Congrats Duke!!!

You know, I have one too... :omg:

Suburban 550

I really like the new name, Wheelfixer. :omg: I call him alot worse. :drool:

Kelly

Sound like good deed that has been rewarded, and both are happy

perry

very cool duke :omg:

bowtieguy

Duke my man, I always thought you had a soft heart.....of course, I know where you got the stuff about helping "brothers".....I know of a couple ole gentlemen like the one you described....one is 93 and I must make a trip to see him and lend him a helping hand ...he still mows his yard with an ole riding mower but he would look good on a Wheel Horse

Great story....MJ should be proud of ya, too!! :omg:

HorseFixer

Sorry about that, HORSEFIXER, not WHEELFIXER. You may kick me now. :omg:

OK! Here goes!

:drool:

Frank ya know about that helping a brother out! :drool: I need yer Roundhoods in my stable!