Sign in to follow this  
Oldcpecdr

Air Pressure for Plowing

Oldcpecdr

Finally got to use the C-100 with the plow Monday..6 inches of wet slush.....a lot more fun than using the Ariens. Are there any specific tire air pressure recomendations for plowing snow on pavement ?

Searched for tire  air pressure settings but didn't see any here on the forum, just wondering ?

Mike B

formariz

Plowing is indeed a lot more fun than muscling that blower around or being muscled by it.

Others may chime in with something different but I just keep my tires at the regular recommended pressure which is about 10 to 12 for the back and about 20 for the front, a little depending on the different type tires. Actually sometimes if chains get a little sloppy I increase pressure to fix that. I plow a extremely steep pavers block driveway and it works for me. Next to chains weight is really the most important factor when it comes to traction.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Oldcpecdr

Plenty of weight...ME !!!!!

I'll increase my front tire pressure and see how it works.

Thanks

Mike B

wallfish
50 minutes ago, Oldcpecdr said:

I'll increase my front tire pressure and see how it works.

Are You trying to adjust for slippery steering while pushing snow?

Wrap a length of #40 roller chain around each of the front tires. Measure and put them on with the tire deflated. Tighter the better. Inflate the tires to lock them on and steer like your on rails.