wallfish

Anyone recognize these parts?

Ed Kennell

Yep, you can take out my frontal lobe,  replace the missing cells and reassemble. 

Right after dinner  before the Friday night parade works for me.  I wanna be 100% for driving in the parade.

• Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH

:bow-blue:

• Like 1

Sparky

No front tires eh?? Can I assume it’s an Air-Horse :lol: !

So you need to focus on this more, maybe put all those paying customers on hold while you get this sucker wrapped up....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rjg854

John your work on that project is undescribably amazing :text-woo:

• Like 1

19richie66

:text-yeahthat: seriously amazing 

• Like 1

formariz

I don't even know what to say anymore.:bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:

• Like 2

buckrancher

GREAT JOB:handgestures-thumbupright: so far john but I just  have trouble picturing you riding that around the big show:scratchead:

• Haha 1

wallfish

Thanks everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of time I complain about it being a pain is only because it's time consuming. I really do enjoy doing this stuff as it's creative, mechanical and challenging. Some things are a little over the top, but by drilling the holes into the steering wheel pieces instead of simply gluing them, it becomes much stronger and less likely to break. This is especially important with something like that which protrudes out right on top. If it's only glued it will be broken within 15 minutes of someone handling it and it's much easier to repair the shaft than make a steering wheel. I try to build them so people can actually pick them up and handle them to examine it closer rather than only being able to stare at it through a glass window. The people who are scared to touch it because it might break are the people I trust the most to handle it. Some fool who just grabs it without asking will most likely be the one who breaks it because they just don't give a $4!t.

• Like 6

Sarge

I hear you on that one - those types of people aren't allowed in my shop, or at least I stand there waiting with my favorite hammer if they try to touch anything.

Sarge

Pullstart

Just.... wow.

Tractorhead

Awesome Craftmanship ! 

Made with huge detail love. 

I'd Love to see Models, they're made with such much heart and soul.

Thanks for share with us.

Stormin
18 hours ago, formariz said:

I don't even know what to say anymore.:bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:

How about stupendous? :thumbs:

wallfish

OK toothpickers,

Time for seat making 101.

1) Glue together the estimated amount of toothpicks.

2) then cut and sand it to the shape of a seat

seat.JPG.ac2671a79c3aab18cf4625a8450576c7.JPG

860494964_seat(2).JPG.bf296b2a9733fad0253f9becb720260b.JPG

684788962_seat(3).JPG.f73e4b142ef84673504f79ae5ac963eb.JPG

2019061838_seat(4).JPG.4e38740c0a9b48a4ccc93bc230a2a06f.JPG

1627230229_seat(5).JPG.c8ddc60017eee983c4ed7511048cc94b.JPG

733827682_seat(6).JPG.b5ed2931a88a86550e178fac1180774b.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                   You know,  the remnants could be made into some sort of medieval torture device!               :hide:

Image result for medieval torture device242705362_torturedevice.JPG.baf543e4626618ff79fa57433b4468a3.JPG                            :ychain:

• Haha 3

wallfish

Not sure if the holes will be drilled in the seat or not although it would certainly add the detail wanted. 1 screw up and it's start over, so leaning towards a RJ-59 with a solid seat right now but we'll see. Since it's easier to drill on a flat surface and less likely to drift the bit, I may try one by drilling the holes before any shaping begins. Spacing them perfect is a problem on this scale as it doesn't take very much to look out of place.

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Careful your eye doesn't catch a cold...it's still flu season you know.

Chris G

This is truly awesome! Amazing job your doing.

Ed Kennell

Looks great John, but I would like to have seen the pics of the innards (crank, rod, piston, valves) before you put the head and pan on.   :wwp:   :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

Will you offer rebuild or performance options for the wood block kits?

• Haha 1

wallfish
On 3/18/2019 at 9:48 PM, Ed Kennell said:

Looks great John, but I would like to have seen the pics of the innards (crank, rod, piston, valves) before you put the head and pan on.

There's a video on photobucket of a V-8 block I made with pistons and crankshaft which turns but they're holding it hostage and it was on my old phone. The cylinder bores are less than 1/4". Check and see if this link works for you. I can't watch it.

EDIT, I got it so posted it below

Got the engine mounted. Some of the small details for it will go on at the end. That's the kind of stuff which always gets broken.

(think it's a shadow or something that makes the recoil look off center in the first pic)

IMG_0349.JPG.2e30bf57f6c0e4b723adbc7464a08288.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG.f8968bff072443d2d948533955e83e84.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG.f3ae6495766d93120efa880bbd3fffcb.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG.1f15b3c0c811b3f6ed64dd7f53a45e90.JPG

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 6

wallfish
On 3/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, Chris G said:

This is truly awesome! Amazing job your doing.

THANK YOU!!!!!

On 3/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, pullstart said:

Will you offer rebuild or performance options for the wood block kits?

Yes, they're all boxed up and ready to ship along with every other part.

IMG_0353.JPG.e2ff0a7c10a3034f6254cc32ea03e6fb.JPG

• Haha 4
  • Heart 1

formariz

If it wasn't for the fact that you are posting as you build it, showing all the steps and the process involved, it would be very hard to realize and/or appreciate all the work that goes into it. Unless one is extremely knowledgeable in doing the same thing, looking at the finished product one will not realize what went into it. This post should really be pinned somewhere. So many times I looked at someone's work specially carvings for hours just trying to get an idea as to the methods involved. This is extremely kind of you. I will probably try to collect all the photos chronologically so as to see the entire process from beginning to end. Awesome.

• Like 3

wallfish

Yeah, I know what you mean. Many people realize it takes a lot of time but really don't have any idea as to how much. Even I don't really know so...

Doing the build thread actually adds  plenty more as well.

I started a "work in progress" thread over on MoM where I can just keep adding posts but no one can see or comment on that thread. Just so it's easier to follow and check out. I like the interaction on this one but it ends up hard to follow for someone new when a thread gets too long.

Edited by wallfish

wallfish

Got the engine block vid.

Here's a fishing reel

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6