mr biggs

Name This model wheel horse ?

mr biggs

Okay guys I hope everyone's having a nice easy Sunday evening  NO SO MUCH OVER HERE ;-( after digging around in the back 40:P ( parts shead ) trying to drag out the c195 for " the Dually  project " with the 72" wheel horse snowblade YES 72"  I  discover  A dead battery - and a bad starter WITH A foot of snow to deal with I gave up and moved on to another project until further notice !   NEXT WEEKEND  ......but I had a question I was actually wondering did Wheel Horse build any prototypes that you guys are aware of ? if so please let me know, I DO BELIEVE I HAVE ONE  AND SORRY I CANT REALLY POST PICS TILL I HEAR BACK FROM L&GC MAG !! IMG_20190217_154823.jpg.59cb54a0b3143a12c35a13908f74e0b5.jpg

• Confused 3

953 nut
6 minutes ago, mr biggs said:

I DO BELIEVE I HAVE ONE  AND SORRY I CANT REALLY POST PICS TILL I HEAR BACK FROM L&GC MAG !!

:wwp:    You can show us,      honest,    we won't tell anyone!              :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Prototypes???  You mean that maybe Shelby did a GT for Wheel Horse??  Not to make fun, really, it is hard to say.  I love a good tease, just hope you can take it when it comes back.  Naw...it's OK...you have my attention.  :occasion-xmas:

Is the hint that you posted in the electric section??

• Like 2

mr biggs
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Prototypes???  You mean that maybe Shelby did a GT for Wheel Horse??  Not to make fun, really, it is hard to say.  I love a good tease, just hope you can take it when it comes back.  Naw...it's OK...you have my attention.  :occasion-xmas:

Is the hint that you posted in the electric section??

NO ITS NOT IN THAT POST, but its pre 1974 and has 15 wheels LOL ...... i will post some pics soon caz its really no fun having things that you cant share with others, that pics was an all original tractor i just add the dully setup      

• Like 2

Chris G

You got my attention

Super-C 4 me

You have my attention also

19richie66

Alright Biggs...... spill the beans :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

wh500special

Of course they made prototypes.  Some of them got loose out of the factory but they were apparently a hassle for the servicing dealers so the practice was limited.  I knew I'd posted about this at some point, so looked it up in the search function:

You mention prototypes...I actually had a chance a couple of years ago to buy an original prototype 18-Auto/D-series from a lady in LaPaz, IN (not far from Mike) which is just a little south of the factory in South Bend. It was actually in decent shape and it was certainly interesting from a collector standpoint.

The serial plate was hand-stamped with a model number for the D180 (from memory I think it was 1-0612) but the serial number was printed "USED". The tractor had some unique factory features, like the hood scoop that was needed to clear the air filter. And the notched frame to accomodate the 18 Kohler which I guess was a little bigger than they thought it was going to be. Also had a transmission cooler with fan plumbed to the rear fender and some holes here and there punched in the sheet metal where I guess stuff was mounted during evaluation.

I asked the Toro guys at one of the WH shows what they thought of this and they verified that WH did occasionally assign a model number to prototypes and sell them. They discontinued the practice since there was often enough unique parts on them to make servicing difficult by the local dealers and they had numerous complaints to that end.

That was from way, way, way back in 2008.

What have you got?

Steve

• Like 1

Super-C 4 me
On 2/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, mr biggs said:

NO ITS NOT IN THAT POST, but its pre 1974 and has 15 wheels LOL ...... i will post some pics soon caz its really no fun having things that you cant share with others, that pics was an all original tractor i just add the dully setup      

What ever happened with this.

I'm still waiting to see what you have there.

adsm08
2 minutes ago, bmiller0457 said:

What ever happened with this.

I'm still waiting to see what you have there.

The WH mafia got him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

itsmeraymond
On 2/28/2019 at 3:54 AM, 19richie66 said:

Alright Biggs...... spill the beans :laughing-rolling:

lol hahaha

stevasaurus

I'm going to call "Shenanigans" on @mr biggs  put up or this thread is history.  :occasion-xmas:  I've already got a feeling this thread does not belong here.

• Like 1

johnnymag3

This is the GT 14 Guy who has the prototype factory snow machine

• Like 1

johnnymag3

You saw the pics, but he made me take them down...….:confusion-confused:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I remember that John.  I'll give him a few days.

• Like 1