cazngz

Working backwards...

pfrederi

Did you ever get the cone valve out of #2?  Mine have always come out easily with a small magnet.  #4 should have the Charge valve spring and cone.  Nothing in #5 and #6

cazngz

Sorry for the delay...  No, I didn't get it out.  I figured since it was like this for years I'd just be making more work for myself.   I  changed the trans oil and filter today, started it up and took it for a 15 minute ride. The new bolt was fine, no leaks, engine smoked a bit  ( I have no idea when the oil was changed last but it looked a bit like tar )  but after a few minutes it cleared up.  I deliberately stopped and started it a few times  and there was no more smoke.  This thing is way faster than I thought though it doesn't have the stable feeling my D-180 had at a faster speed but I guess that's normal for a smaller machine.

Sooo...  all in all, it's turned out well although I noticed an oil spot underneath the lid  ( took it off to see what was going on in there )  that houses the white pointer, specifically where the plastic housing rides in a steel enclosure right off the hydro. The whole thing is connected to the hydro but I can't see a leak off the trans itself. None of the bolts are leaking that are in plain sight. Must be traveling from the hydro to that mechanism and then dropping on the plate. Top of the trans is now oil free.  Guess I'll have to dose it with brake clean and see if I can find anything.  Naturally it's at a spot where you can't see it, maybe I have a small mirror to try and find it.  Shame, seems like it will do what I expect if it.  If I can find the leak and fix it I have a couple of plows I can try to jury rig for it.  I could put a little fluid in when it runs low but I'd much rather fix it  if I can.. Thoughts anyone ?

Sarge

That small shaft that controls the internal swash plate for the direction control is known for leaks - plenty of threads around here for ways to repair the problem and install new seals.

Sarge

• Like 1

pfrederi

Most likely the motin control shaft (swash plate) that goes into the pump is leaking.  Need 2 O rings (see pinned post on sundstrands above

EDIT Sarge types faster than I do...:P

Edited by pfrederi

Sarge

Was it you that had just done a writeup on that procedure for sealing that shaft? I know there was a nice, cleanly laid out set of pics and notes about it a short time ago, but can't find it right now.

Sarge

cazngz
46 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Most likely the motin control shaft (swash plate) that goes into the pump is leaking.  Need 2 O rings (see pinned post on sundstrands above

EDIT Sarge types faster than I do...:P

I think I found the posts...  small # 116    large  026S         Now apparently I need 2 but which two ?  one of each ?   2 large or 2 small ?  

pfrederi
15 minutes ago, cazngz said:

I think I found the posts...  small # 116    large  026S         Now apparently I need 2 but which two ?  one of each ?   2 large or 2 small ?  

You need 1 of each.  If you show leakage from the triangular data plate on the back side of the pump (opposite the motion control) then you will need 2 of each.  I have not found one that leaks from the back side.

PM me your address i will mail you the O rings.