Ed  Owen

Ed Drive Belt

Ed  Owen

Brand new to this forum!!!

Have an older wheel horse C 125 with 12 hp Kohler with the recent snow storms Ive put a lot of time snowbowing-- resulting in a 

streched drive belt, found a replacement at local TSC store. Now my clutch will not totally disengage. I know there is a clutch 

adjuster on clutch pedal just need to know which way to adjust it

pfrederi

Welcome to Red Square

The correct belt for your 8 speed is WH7473  which is 5/8 x 82".  Is that the size of the belt you got and is your new belt fabric wrapped.  WH trannies are very sensitive to the type and  size of belt.  The "adjustment" I believe you are looking at only moves the position of the clutch pedal .

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 3

Ed  Owen

Yes it is that size kevlar blue belt went on ok but does the adjustment also move the belt tension pully? grinds gears when I try to shift

stevasaurus

Is the belt guard on.  The guard is really your clutch...it funnels the slack toward the drive pulley when you step on the clutch pedal.  The belt needs to stop in order to shift the transmission with out grinding.  :occasion-xmas:

BTW...Welcome to Red Square.  :rs:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:  And...

:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut

:WRS:

In addition to the belt guard there should be an arm over the tension pulley that grabs the belt when the clutch is depressed and a device on the engine to keep slight contact with the belt when it is slack. These devices work with the belt guard to stop the belt.

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib

Welcome to the addiction Ed. Glad to have you aboard you can't find a better tractor site on the inter-web then right here at .... 

:rs::text-welcomeconfetti:

:wwp:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Ed Owen :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

JoeM

Ed did you figure out the belt problem yet?

Edited by OILUJ52

Phil902

For Ed or anybody else, I had the same issue with my C-161 Hydro last Fall, after I replaced my belt when my idler pulley imploded. Closed up the camp before it got resolved. Two weeks ago, my friend Id'ed the problem.... the 5/8" Tractor Supply replacement belt I had purchased was almost  3/4" wide. That extra width was enough to keep it from bottoming out in the V pulley, so it wouldn't disengage fully. Last week I went to TSC and measured a bunch of the 5/8 belts; all were wider. The 1/2 Inch belts were 9/16 +.   I  put one of those on, and it disengages and runs fine. I never would have believed that small a difference could matter. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get an OEM.