diesel horse

Correct way to mount lift flag for snow blower

diesel horse

I'm having trouble installing the snow blower lift flag. Last year I bent the 3/4" steel round bar stock on the flag. That was on a c-101. I've straightened the bent solid rod with some heat.

I'm now trying to install the blower on a 312. It's a newer type single stage blower with a tall discharge chute and has a slight bend in the long hollow tube connecting to the blower housing.

I don't have a manual, and so far it is very hard to even ry to raise it. Any help would be great. 

Edited by diesel horse
Add to content

Sparky

I don’t have the paperwork in front of me but I think the flag attaches to one of the holes towards the rear of the tractor.

WVHillbilly520H

It goes in the black rockshaft hole above the rear hitch cable clevis I have pictured, Jeff.

Screenshot_20190119-174346.png

• Like 1

cleat

This might help show the correct hole to install the lift flag into.

snow.pdf

Cleat

diesel horse

Okay I think it's good to go. I mounted the lift flag thru the top hole on the I believe it's called the rockshaft , which points down towards the ground. Actually it's been a couple years since I installed the blower on a tractor. I have no idea how I bent the flag in the first place. Thanks everyone for your help.

cleat

That will be the best bet for the easiest lift.

Mid hole will lift higher but will require more effort to do so.

The only way I can think of to bend the flag would be to run over something and hit the lift bar.

Navig8r

I used that same hole on my 416 so the flag would clear the cable going to the rear.  My first use of the blower will be today, but seems to lift/lower OK.  Good Luck!