Sign in to follow this  
BHunter

Original wheel horse tires

BHunter

Hi guys, 

I have a set of tires that I took off my 69 electro 12 . They held air but have cracking. Are they worth anything? 

Thanks, Bob

pfrederi

If there is worth I will flood the market with my collection....:P

• Haha 6

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:  Let us ponder, how much could a tire that holds air...

ever possibly be worth.   :confusion-shrug:

BHunter
3 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:eusa-think:  Let us ponder, how much could a tire that holds air...

ever possibly be worth.   :confusion-shrug:

Not sure. It’s probably worth more than a tire that doesn’t hold air:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

AMC RULES

I'm thinking...

that's it, in a nut shell.  :clap:

WHNJ701

I parted out a bunch of walk behinds and some other garden tractors a awhile back, I had a pile of rims with junk tires but some where odd sizes and brands I got 100 bucks for the whole pile, the guy that bought them does limited use static restorations and fills the tires with foam or something, hey what ever works I got rid of the pile and cash, he got some tires to restore

• Like 2

SPINJIM

I had a similar one for sale at the Big Show, on a nice rim, with a new inner tube, and with good tread and painted "Wheel Horse" logo, but cracked like yours. 

I was asking $25 with the nice rim, and it didn't sell.   Ten years from now, when they become scarce as hen's teeth, collectors might be willing to pay $50,

but right now seems like there's not a lot of demand.

• Like 1

BHunter
14 minutes ago, jabelman said:

I parted out a bunch of walk behinds and some other garden tractors a awhile back, I had a pile of rims with junk tires but some where odd sizes and brands I got 100 bucks for the whole pile, the guy that bought them does limited use static restorations and fills the tires with foam or something, hey what ever works I got rid of the pile and cash, he got some tires to restore

Nice. That worked out great for both of you.

The Tuul Crib

Honestly if they're holding air and don't go flat I would still use them!  To me that's worth it's weight in gold !

• Like 3

BHunter
16 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

I had a similar one for sale at the Big Show, on a nice rim, with a new inner tube, and with good tread and painted "Wheel Horse" logo, but cracked like yours. 

I was asking $25 with the nice rim, and it didn't sell.   Ten years from now, when they become scarce as hen's teeth, collectors might be willing to pay $50,

but right now seems like there's not a lot of demand.

Wow. $25 seems like a good price for just the rim. The tire would be a bonus.

I was thinking mine might be worth a little something to someone if I brought them to the Big Show with me. I’d trade them for this years show t- shirt :)

I wish there was a company that makes them again . They would be nice to put on a restored tractor. 

WHNJ701

doesn't hurt to keep a set of junk rims and tires that hold air on hand, they come in handy, if I am redoing one usually I keep junk rims and tires on it and put the nice rims on last, or if you pick up a project that has a leaky tire or missing one etc...

BHunter
32 minutes ago, jabelman said:

doesn't hurt to keep a set of junk rims and tires that hold air on hand, they come in handy, if I am redoing one usually I keep junk rims and tires on it and put the nice rims on last, or if you pick up a project that has a leaky tire or missing one etc...

Very True

Eric S.

BHunter , did you sell a 69 electro 12 at the show last year ? 

BHunter
2 hours ago, Eric S. said:

BHunter , did you sell a 69 electro 12 at the show last year ? 

Yes

Eric S.

I bought it . It needed a different ignition switch ,the heavy wire was cut off from the stator so it was rewired to the rectifier for charging and had to add a starter selanoid . Runs great , happy with it . Hope you and the boys are doing well . Will probably see you at the show .

BHunter
6 minutes ago, Eric S. said:

I bought it . It needed a different ignition switch ,the heavy wire was cut off from the stator so it was rewired to the rectifier for charging and had to add a starter selanoid . Runs great , happy with it . Hope you and the boys are doing well . Will probably see you at the show .

Hi Eric, I’m glad you straightened out the mechanical issues. It’s a nice looking tractor. I hope to see you and the electro at the show. My little guy misses that horse. It was easy for him to drive. 

Welcome to Red square. I’ve learned a lot about wheel horses since last years show . The people on here are very knowledgeable and helpful. Awesome group of guys ! 

Eric S.

Thanks Bob , my C 120 needs improving , lots of little stuff . My detail shop is slow do to weather so perfect time to work on the horses . Totally agree about this site , great bunch on here .Will see you in June .