The Tuul Crib

Missed this one!!

The Tuul Crib

Put some more parts out of the brew today and came across this lift arm. Do you see a thing wrong with these pictures ?Please don't try to adjust your set we have complete control! Well I got to cleaning after I pulled it out of the brew. Noticed a little problem not sure if I should re-welded or just find a new one? Don't know how I missed this one !

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

ebinmaine

Cracked?

I'm thinking you could fix that Randy

rdeanrj58

I've noticed on the older tractors that the lever is straight.  Newer ones like in the 70's had a slight angle like the one you pictured.  My B-80 and 14 automatic have the angled one like that.    They seem a bit uncomfortable when getting on and off the tractor 

ebinmaine

I don't know what the Rhyme or Reason is for having a straight handle or a canted one.

We have 3 from 1967 and also from the mid 70s. B and C series.

At least One of the 60s tractors had a handle that was angled like that. 

Certainly could have been changed over the years.....

The Tuul Crib

My 855 is straight this one is a 1965 model two years later. The part that goes to the height adjustment is not pushing straight to the spring it's bent. I may have to straighten it by cutting the weld and straightening it out. But to just look at it has no metal fatigue if you know what I mean ..here's a couple more pictures show you what I mean.it's more of a gradual bend.

Edited by The Tool Crib

Pullstart

I see the bend...  my guess is a tractor mounting handle in the past, or a lot of heavy implements were used!.  I say mount it on the tower, and push/bounce it straight and it’ll be fine.

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't know what the Rhyme or Reason is for having a straight handle or a canted one.

We have 3 from 1967 and also from the mid 70s. B and C series.

At least One of the 60s tractors had a handle that was angled like that. 

Certainly could have been changed over the years.....

Maybe the 67 was the only year they did it and realized that the spring was being depressed in a strange angle.  I'm still thinking of cutting the weld and trying to straighten it 

Edited by The Tool Crib

The Tuul Crib

Ok I looked a pic here on the red and the 1067 on the picture gallery was a 1067 by @Al C. and his handle Bends  just like mine does . Did they only do this for one model?

Lee1977
6 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Put some more parts out of the brew today and came across this lift arm. Do you see a thing wrong with these pictures ?Please don't try to adjust your set we have complete control! Well I got to cleaning after I pulled it out of the brew. Noticed a little problem not sure if I should re-welded or just find a new one? Don't know how I missed this one !

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

They were made that way until they put the gas tank under the seat in 1978 when the enclose that side and went with the straight lift handle.

SAM-0235-2.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

Lee1977

SAM-0719.jpg

• Like 2