briankd

k181question

briankd

i have noticed using my 857 plowing snow when it is freezing or below this thing runs awesome don't sputter on startup or anything hit the key it fires up and stays running. in warm weather (spring summer) you start it it will sputter after starting and die will not run as well like in the winter

i don't use any diff gas between summer and winter or anything else. someone told me the since it cold the air is denser and that is it i don't buy that was wondering if maybe my coil going bad?

anyone have any thoughts on this ?  Thanks Brian

Edited by briankd

WVHillbilly520H

The cold air is denser and it could be just a little tweak on the idle jet from winter to summer might just be the answer, unlike electronic fuel injection you may still have to make manual adjustments for air fuel ratio for temperatures and altitude.

• Like 4

Rob R

WVHillbilly is right on this is the bane of Carburetors and the reason why all cars are now injected and computerized.... you have to slightly change the main jet to compensate for atmospheric conditions..... however you do not have miles of electronic wiring and expensive computer equipment to fail.... for me give me the old school...... my bother has 35 tractors on his farm the old John Deere pre computer tractors are still there as he can still fix them and keep them running the new computer tractors are great when running but the John Deere has a lock on most of electronic modules and it costs him thousands of dollars to find out what the heck the problem is... same with the replacement parts.... !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
18 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

The cold air is denser and it could be just a little tweak on the idle jet from winter to summer might just be the answer, unlike electronic fuel injection you may still have to make manual adjustments for air fuel ratio for temperatures and altitude.

:text-yeahthat: