clueless

Drive belt?

clueless

Going to change the drive belt on my '77 C160 auto, part # is 7478. I want the genuine Wheel Horse (Toro) belt. The one on amazon says it's genuine, anyone know for sure?

pfrederi

I have seen some that have the WH# embossed into the outside of the belt.  Others are just printed.

RCPW sells real ones and Stens knockoffs

I didn't see any real ones on EBAY.  All the Amazon said currently unavailable what one did you see???

Besides if they are $11 they are not real WH belts.

For hydros i use Gates Power rated green belts with no problems..I do prefer WH for 8 speeds

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

squonk

I've had a green Gates Napa belt on my C-160 hydro for over 8 years.  5L840W. About 50 bucks. In fact I have aftermarket Napa Green or TSC Blue on everything I own with no problems at all. I don't really see the attraction  of OEM unless it's a special length. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I'll put in another vote here for the Gates green.

I can't comment on the durability of the TSC belts but I tried to use one on the 1267 and it measured too wide and hence did not work.

I've had a stens belt that I got from A - Z Maybe two or more years ago? On the Patriot horse and that looks just as good now as it did when it was new.