wigglinpins

$50 Horse

ebinmaine

Well done!

Dan693

Even with the engine work you're still 6 bills in the black at least.

Hat tip

AMC RULES

:handgestures-salute:  Nice one...

I think I like it even better with the white wheels. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Image result for wow!

bellevillerod

Nice I just was looking at one yesterday on the "list" in really good condition. Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on it. Looking at yours make's me want it even more.....My wife is going to disown me lol. Nice looking tractor even better doing all the work yourself.

• Like 2

Chris G

Very nice!

daveoman1966

Are you sure you didn't have a gun to his head....  just sayin'   That's a steal in anyone's book.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

KC9KAS

@wigglinpins That is a very nice looking :wh:. And the price sounded good too, although it was probably costly to rebuild that Onan engine.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

and the addiction! These are the kind of deals we dream of. :text-coolphotos:

Beautiful tractor you should be proud!

Edited by The Tool Crib

peter lena

great find, glad you stayed with it, even with the engine repair ,you are way ahead of the game , with 200 plus hours I hope you have it for a long,  time and try to retain its looks, pete

• Like 1

rjg854

Very nice tractor and at a great price.  Even putting money into the engine rebuild makes it all the more special to you. :text-bravo:

WHGuy413

Nice tractor you won't be disappointed with it.

wigglinpins
On 1/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, wigglinpins said:

I bought this tractor a little while back for $50 from my neighbor that was moving out of state.  It had been stored for over 15 years and had 211 hours on it when I bought it from him. The machine came with a nice snow plow, mower deck and wheel weights, but the engine wad bad.  It took some time to gather all the parts I needed to get it back up and running, but i'm satisfied with the results.   I had to replace the 2 front tires, repair the engine, it was ran out of oil by his son.   I had to replace pistons, rods, new rings and a crankshaft and now it runs like new.  It still needs a little more work to be complete, the pulley covers on the mower deck need replaced and I plan to change oil in the tranny come spring.  I also did some touch up paint work on a few places that needed it.  This is my 3rd horse and it hopefully will last a few years.because there is nothing today that comes close to what these machines are.  Just thought I would share my last project with the members here.

Thanks guy's for all the kind reply's. Tractor now runs like it was brand new.  My next move is to find a snow blower and have it ready for next year.  For now, we are looking forward to summer sunshine and mowing.  Nothing beats a HORSE !!!!!!

On 1/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, wigglinpins said:

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

What a beaut!  So sad that at 211 hours it could be out of oil, but great rescue!

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Whow, looks pretty.

good choice to bring it back in Service.👍

• Like 1

Stormin

Very nice tractor. For your $50 and whatever the cost of rebuilding the engine, you got a good as good new tractor. :handgestures-thumbup: Should last you for many years to come.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1

JimmyJam

Nicely done! Love it, Love it!! 

:greetings-clappingorange:

• Like 1

wigglinpins
On 3/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, wigglinpins said:

Thanks guy's for all the kind reply's. Tractor now runs like it was brand new.  My next move is to find a snow blower and have it ready for next year.  For now, we are looking forward to summer sunshine and mowing.  Nothing beats a HORSE !!!!!!

The story behind this tractor is kinda sad.  The father (original owner) purchased this new in 91, he passed away a few years later and it was up to his son to keep after the property. The son was about 17 at the time and being a young person he was not aware of the maintenance needed to keep this tractor running, ie checking oil.  As a result the engine ran low on oil after repeated use and he eventually fried it.  It was put in a shed until the family moved out of state.  I was asked if I wanted to buy it for $50 because thats all they could get for it at the scrap yard.  I knew it was going to cost a few hundred dollars to get back up and running, but with only a little over 200 hrs It was a no brainer.  Today it has about 240 hrs on it and runs as smooth as glass,  Looking back I think it was a good move, I know how to give it the care it deserves and hopefully it should last for several years into the future.  Good luck to everyone out ther that owns a HORSE.  Yea Baby !!!!

• Excellent 5