rustytractornut

953/1054

rustytractornut

Hello again HELP fellow Wheel horse nuts. I am working on my 953 restoration.The generator warning light.I am not sure i have the right socket where the bulb goes. Is the socket and bulb supposed to be isolated from the dash board? My bulb socket has one wire going to the bottom of the bulb.The other wire grounds to the outside of the socket. The original 953 wiring diagram is not a very good one.I am going by the Kohler std wiring diagram in the repair manual. Witch has a amp meter witch is isolated from the dash The generator light socket i have i don't know where it came from. Not sure what was there originally there.   

Thanks Friends.

• Like 1

Jojoca

The ampmeter was added to that model tractor wasn’t it?  My 1054 doesn’t have one.  I appreciate the eBay posting because I only have the lens in my dash but no socket and wondered where to get one. 

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the addiction here at the

:rs:!

:wwp: 

953 nut
1 hour ago, Jojoca said:

ampmeter was added to that model tractor wasn’t it?

You are correct, no amp meter from the factory.

rustytractornut
On 1/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, rustytractornut said:

Thank you for the info.

I got the new gen light.ready to wire.What does the gen light do ??  Does it stay on when running or does it only come on if its discharging. Thank you.

pfrederi

Only on discharge

rustytractornut
On 1/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, 953 nut said:

The S/G light has two wires. you can get a new one on :techie-ebay:for under $ 10.00 delivered.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cole-Hersee-PL-20-RC033-Pilot-Light-RED-LENS-NEW-IN-BOX/122018025082

Thank you for  the info  My 953 is almost done .Just need to restore mower deck.Pictures will be coming soon.This tractor has been completely restored every nut bolt every seal, bearing.motor has new piston, rings,bearings. Looks like just came out of the factory. should last another 55 years.Love the red square club so much help from everybody. Gary C.

• Thanks 1