Firebug

Fluid filling tires

WHX??

Wow that  is bizarre then Jeff.. lookin at KC9's pros and cons with meth I woulda thought pro shops would have abandoned it in favor of something more environmentally friendly and safer?

• Confused 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:

Wow that  is bizarre then Jeff.. lookin at KC9's pros and cons with meth I woulda thought pro shops would have abandoned it in favor of something more environmentally friendly and safer?

Definitely confusing...

Sarge

The two sets of all 4 front and rear tires I've filled used no tubes along with a pure fill of RV antifreeze from TSC. On mine, I used 2 tire valves installed into the rim about an inch away from each other to allow air to escape and propped the assembly at the best angle to place those tire valves at the highest point. Just with a Carlisle Tru Power 23x10.5x12 and WH rim the filled total came to 95lbs on each tire/rim. Adding the 50lb cast iron WH weight to the mix - 145lbs total. Almost destroyed my back getting them off the work table and basically destroyed a drill pump trying to push all those gallons of fluid, but those tires never spin. One set has the addition of chains as well - the chains are being worn pretty badly from all that tire weight, but boy does it ever bite regardless of the terrain! Just driving the thing in a straight line will tear up asphalt coatings and doing much in turning or pushing a load will start to tear the surface of regular asphalt pretty badly. No damage to the turf as long as I don't get crazy with speeds while turning. My C-160 set up for mowing duty is running a set of these loaded tires due to having to climb a nasty embankment in a ditch, all up and down when mowing - no problem with wheel slip or tearing up the grass.

Sarge

• Excellent 1