Sign in to follow this  
grinch1989

My 312-8 Restore

grinch1989

Hey guys, I am new here, but have lurked the past few weeks while I was restoring my 312.8. I found great information here that made the restore better and easier, so I decided to post some pictures. Comments and feedback welcome!

IMG_5605.JPG

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5606.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG

phipsi27

You did a great job! :omg:

jusjeepn

Nice job grinch! Looks like it's ready for a lot of hard work! :omg: BTW, what size tires do you have on the rear of that? Looks awesome! :drool:

grinch1989

Thanks for the nice comments guys! The rear tires are 23x10.5x12 and the fronts are 16x8x8. Going with the large size fronts raised the front end up too much, so I had to swap the spindles with shorter 400/GT series ones.

Duff

Grinch, nice work! I've rebuilt one 312-8 and and am working on two others. Nothing I've done looks as good as what you've accomplished! :omg:

Duff :drool:

can whlvr

Real nice restore job,sure feels good to make these awsome machines shine :omg:

WHC-125

Really Nice Job on the restore and I know you cant wait to put all of that hard work and sweat you put into it to work.... :omg: And you should post a few before pictures of her :drool: I hope my 312-8 looks as nice as that does one day :drool:

TJ

Looks good. :omg:

grinch1989

Really Nice Job on the restore and I know you cant wait to put all of that hard work and sweat you put into it to work.... :omg: And you should post a few before pictures of her :drool:

Ha, I wish I had some :( I got this machine late last year, cut a little grass and put her away until a month ago or so. I was so eager to start, I never took any before pictures. She had some surface rust, torn up decals, etc.. So we stripped her down and many hours and cans of IH Red later, she looks like new :drool:

The new project is the 48" deck that is currently in pieces in the garage, restoring this stuff is addicting

stevebo

Grinch,

Glad you finally decided to join us !! Like I told you when we spoke this is a ansome site and everyone here will be helpful. You will find yourself chking out this site multiple times per day. I can promise you that this will NOT be your last horse nor your last wheelhorse. Talk to you soon. PS- we have a meet and greet this Sunday in Sherman at Fireman's house. This is the first annual Ct get together. Talk to you soon. Steve bo- in Danbury.

ps- the restore came out very nice. Move the bigger tires.

:omg:

stevebo

Grinch,

Glad you finally decided to join us !! Like I told you when we spoke this is a ansome site and everyone here will be helpful. You will find yourself chking out this site multiple times per day. I can promise you that this will NOT be your last horse nor your last wheelhorse. Talk to you soon. PS- we have a meet and greet this Sunday in Sherman at Fireman's house. This is the first annual Ct get together. Talk to you soon. Steve bo- in Danbury.

TT

I was so eager to start, I never took any before pictures. She had some surface rust, torn up decals, etc.

I'll loan you a picture of one that I had if it helps :drool: :

312-81985.jpg

Nice job on your 312! & :omg:

grinch1989

grinch1989

Grinch,

:drool:

Thanks for referring me to this site Steve, it has been very helpful! I struck gold on Ebay picking the shorter spindles up for 99 cents plus shipping (thanks for pointing it out that I will most likely need them with the 8" wheels). Sunday sounds fun, I'll work on the wife to give me a hallpass for the day :omg:

grinch1989

Grinch,

I'm just curious, will there be tractors or a part swap thing at this weekend's gathering? Or just us guys talking about WH's? (not that this is a bad thing) :drool:

Guest fireman

Grinch,

I can answer that for ya. I have told everyone that is coming to feel free to bring any parts that they want to sell or swap. It only helps us all out. If you need directions, talk to Steve or PM me.

Jeff (aka fireman)

grinch1989

Grinch,

I can answer that for ya. I have told everyone that is coming to feel free to bring any parts that they want to sell or swap. It only helps us all out. If you need directions, talk to Steve or PM me.

Jeff (aka fireman)

Thanks Jeff! I don't think I mentioned it in here, but I am from Shelton, CT.

WHC-125

Thanks Jeff! I don't think I mentioned it in here, but I am from Shelton, CT.

Really close to me :omg: . Now two people are 5 minutes away from me :drool: