richmondred01

Cub Cadet

richmondred01

Yes I believe you may be right. One of the vertical shaft ones. 

I never paid much attention to those models.

Edited by richmondred01

bc.gold
13 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

I don't think so - it looks to be a late 70's IH built Cadet lawn tractor.  It has "Cadet" on the hood, which is what IH called their lawn tractors.  MTD would have used "Cub Cadet", plus the styling is similar to the ones I'm seeing in my '78 and '79 brochures.  IH didn't sell the Cub Cadet line until the early 80s.

79_buyers_guide.pdf

78_buyers_guide.pdf

It's a Cadet model 70 with the vertical shaft engine.

70.png

• Like 1

T-Mo

A lot of people didn't give them much of a look, but they were pretty good lawn tractors, i.e. "The Spirit of 76", plus the 282 and 382 from the early 80s that was when IH switch to red and made the 82 series tractors.

382d.pdf

T-Mo

The only Cadet 70 I could find was the Cub Cadet 70 garden tractor made from 1963 to 1965. Late 70's lawn tractors included the 76, Spirit of 76, 80, and 81, but I'm sure there were others.  I don't have any literature for the lawn tractors for the early to mid 70s.  That one could be a 76 which was made from '72 to '76.

Razorback

Good call, passing on that one. I think that was a lawn tractor, not a GT. Definitely an IH Cub, though.

(on edit.... sorry, I didn't read the 2nd page of posts where it was already figured out that it was a lawn tractor....)

Edited by Razorback
Add some text