Mows4three

Redundant question on weight of 12" wheel weight

Mows4three

Good afternoon,

I picked up a set of 12" Wheel Horse wheel weights yesterday.  The guy who had them listed online thought they were 35 pounds each.  I'm inclined to think they are heavier.   I don't dare try to weigh them on our good glass topped bathroom scale.  My wife would have me drawn and quartered if I was spotted heading to my barn with it!  

I used the search option and looked around the RS site but can't find any weights like these with a reference as to their actual weight.  

Here are a couple photos photos I found of weights similar to the 12" weights I bought.  Does anyone have some idea of the actual weight of these weights and want to weigh in?     Note:  I told you it was redundant!   LOL...!

Thanks in advance.

Regards and Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

IMG_4820.PNG

IMG_4823.JPG

The Tuul Crib

I'm not sure but these look like inside wheel weights. Not sure of the poundage. Maybe somebody else might know 

ol550

IF she will let you stand on the scale weigh yourself holding the weight and then yourself.  w/u-u=w :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Mows4three
8 minutes ago, ol550 said:

IF she will let you stand on the scale weigh yourself holding the weight and then yourself.  w/u-u=w :handgestures-thumbupright:

Not a chance in h€££ that I'd get away with it....

Ha!

Dave

• Haha 3

Sparky

Those are right around the 50# mark. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

roadapples
42 minutes ago, Sparky said:

:text-yeahthat: 50 to 52# each...

• Like 2

Mows4three
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

1 hour ago, roadapples said:

:text-yeahthat: 50 to 52# each...

Thank you fellas!   I was estimating them at close to that.

I appreciate your input.   It kept me out of the doghouse with the little missus.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all...!

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
13 hours ago, Mows4three said:

I don't dare try to weigh them on our good glass topped bathroom scale.  My wife would have me drawn and quartered if I was spotted heading to my barn with it! 

:angry-nono:           Man up!       :hide:                do it while she is out of the house!                :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Herder

And that's how the trouble starts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Achto
2 hours ago, Herder said:

And that's how the trouble starts.

What she don't know can't hurt you. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

lynnmor

A bathroom scale is 10 bucks at Walmart, good grief!  :royalty-king:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sarge

Just an fyi-

Those 50lb original wheel weights, if you buy them from someone and if they need to be shipped will fit separately with each in a Priority Mail Large Flat Rate box. This runs around $14/each, last I checked. They will literally "just fit", and you will seriously irritate the Postal workers with those boxes that aren't all that big but perfectly within their rules to ship. If it fits - it ships if below 70lbs. I have had lead shot sent right at the 70lb limit in those boxes, boy do they hate that! The sorting workers put those heavy boxes in the bottom of their shipping cribs that go on the truck - more than once I've been invited into the back room to retrieve my boxes, lol - the clerk couldn't even budge the dumb things. The one really big benefit to using USPS versus FedEx or UPS besides almost always being cheaper - I have never had anything lost/broken or damaged if packed properly. UPS wrecked a cast iron transmission housing that was wrapped fully in 3 layers of cardboard - a rare case that cost a lot of money was lost. Yeah, they paid the claim but it looked like that thing had been run over by a truck, twice. I have shipped highly fragile Weber carburetor builds to almost every country in the world via USPS International - never had an issue with them and the cost was far lower than any other shipping service. Both UPS and FedEx have a bad track record of how they handle things, so keep that in mind. 

Sarge

• Thanks 1

Mows4three
7 hours ago, Sarge said:

Those 50lb original wheel weights, if you buy them from someone and if they need to be shipped will fit separately with each in a Priority Mail Large Flat Rate box. This runs around $14/each, last I checked. They will literally "just fit", and you will seriously irritate the Postal workers with those boxes that aren't all that big but perfectly within their rules to ship. 

I guess if I don't tick off the wife, the least I can do is fire up the local post mistress...!   

Hahaha!

Cheers!

Dave

Sarge

I went through a spurt one summer, scoring front and rear wheel weights off different sites and having them shipped. Didn't even have to ask when they came in - the local clerk would see my truck outside and stand there with the "employee only" door wide open and that disgusted look on her face, lol. One shipment had 4 rear weights that came on the same day - we ended up rolling the cart out the back door to load them into the truck. To this day - I can come in the door with one of the Priority Mail flat rate large boxes and she rolls her eyes at me - "how heavy is that one?"....

Sarge

• Haha 2