rdeanrj58

Snow blade vs dozer blade

rdeanrj58

While looking up the model number in the book to find out what year my blade is I found that in the mid to late seventies there were two blades offered with two different model numbers   A snow blade and a dozer blade.  What's the difference?   No big deal just wondering.   Mine turned out to be a 1977 dozer blade 

WHNJ701

same blade it was to marketing gimick to sell them to southern people who don't see snow.

I am guessing by the way

• Like 4

gwest_ca

Something I noticed with the manuals is the blades for the lawn tractors with vertical crankshaft engines were often named snow blades and the blades for horizontal crankshaft garden tractors were named dozer blades.

Garry

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

rdeanrj58

That's interesting.   Just wanted to make sure I could push snow with my dozer blade . 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

I'm thinking:

It's a dozer blade if it pushes dirt...

It's a snow blade if it pushes snow...

Or for those of us who remember Logic Class in school:

All WH blades push stuff

Snow and dirt are stuff

Therefore, all WH blades push snow and dirt...

And it doesn't really matter what WH called it as long as it works!

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

Ed Kennell

Would this be a dozer or a snow plower or a dozing snow plower?

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

rdeanrj58

Now THATS funny .  Except for he almost ran over that woman 

953 nut
On 12/1/2018 at 6:58 PM, rdeanrj58 said:

A snow blade and a dozer blade.  What's the difference?

Like Jim @SylvanLakeWH said, it depends on what is in front of it.   They are almost as versatile as a snow blower; It can also blow leaves and become a pumpkin chucker.                   :ychain:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WildHorses
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Like Jim @SylvanLakeWH said, it depends on what is in front of it.   They are almost as versatile as a snow blower; It can also blow leaves and become a pumpkin chucker.                   :ychain:

I think someone needs to do this with a Wheel Horse snow blower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RickF

I use my snowplow blade to push dirt. I Changed the trip springs with 1 1/2" square tube stock. I Traced the springs to the square stock. Works fine with a down pressure piston.

• Confused 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@RickF Got any pictures?

953 nut
9 hours ago, RickF said:

I Changed the trip springs with 1 1/2" square tube stock.

Those trip springs are there to protect the :wh: from damage. If you don't have the springs working for you the next weakest link will be exposed to forces it wasn't designed to handle. The snow plow is attached to the transaxle which attaches to the frame by a steel plate. These mounting plates can and will be broken if it is abused.    :angry-soapbox:

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 12/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, Ed Kennell said:

Would this be a dozer or a snow plower or a dozing snow plower?

I wonder how long he was on the job before cameras were rolling?  I agree it’s funny to see, but I’ve filled my passenger floor with coffee cups and monster cans in a 24 period, just to rest some hours and start over.  It’s tough on the mind and body sometimes when every customer is expecting to be the next customer on the route.

• Like 1

Rob R

I don't know about the Wheel Horse blades but on other family of tractors, there was a difference with the dirt or gravel blade usually a bit stouter and straighter while the snow blade was more curved to roll the snow and make it easier to move w/o losing it out the side. 

• Like 1

Firebug

I’ve had day at work where I felt like that. 

LengerichKA88
On 12/1/2018 at 7:01 PM, jabelman said:

same blade it was to marketing gimick to sell them to southern people who don't see snow.

I am guessing by the way

Sound reasoning to me!

On 12/27/2018 at 9:43 PM, pullstart said:

I wonder how long he was on the job before cameras were rolling?  I agree it’s funny to see, but I’ve filled my passenger floor with coffee cups and monster cans in a 24 period, just to rest some hours and start over.  It’s tough on the mind and body sometimes when every customer is expecting to be the next customer on the route.

I’ve been there. Longest I’ve pushed continuously for was about 17 hours. Long enough that I called the local radio station and told them they needed to change up their play list. I’d heard “Tom Sawyer” by Rush probably 11 times in the first 6 hours 😂

• Like 1