Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

dozer blade mod.

jerrell

:thumbs: I had the dozer blade off the c175 the other day and noticed there was a second hole in end that hooks up to the rear hitch and thought i could shorten the length of the blade that sticks out front and make the blade better to handel, i moved the pin forward and now the blade rubs the front tires at the angeled position. thought about drilling another hole between the two holes and moving the blade forward about 3 inches, have anyone ever done this???? :whistle:

Gerry w

I'm fairly new to the whole blade issue as I put my first one on yesterday,(snowblower before) the pics I found showing me the how any why of install where really quite helpful. Is there any way you could post pics of your situation? Sounds like a really good idea you have and one others might like to copy. Thanks

Gerry

jerrell

:whistle: thanks for the reply gerry, but it's raining cats and dogs here now , but will try to post pics as soon as it quits, the blade frame looks strong enough to be drilled out but the two holes that are factory installed are punched in toward the center, and was wondering if this was made to strengthen the frame to cause less wollering out the holes, ??? :thumbs: i use it very very much , doing a lot of dirt work and don't want to damage the frame...

catman81056

I'm pretty sure the front hole is for "short frame" tractors. Thats why the rear set of holes is there, so the blade won't hit the tires when angled. :thumbs:

This thread pretty well summs it up

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=541

jerrell

:thumbs: Thanks tim, looks like i have one that has been modified, it looks like a newvac but has the angle adjustment of the 520 , which hits my foot rests , i am planning to cut the angle adjustment off of it and move it . and go ahead and drill the holes and punch them in like the other holes and hope for the best. hey if it works better i will be better off. ...with the blade in the streight position and using the forward hitch pin the plow works so much better , lots more control of the depth i have been pushing around... thanks again..

Gerry w

When your done I would still hope for some pics as this seems like a really good idea! :thumbs: