Sign in to follow this  
Dan693

Removing the Pulley Clutch on a K482

Dan693

I think off of a D-180 K-482......the whole clutch assy seems a little confusing. An outer double pulley with 2 set screws then a stub shaft that apparently holds on the big pulleys but dont see how the big pulley is removed after the shaft bolt and the smaller outer pulley. Then there is the clutch assy with the long arms sticking out........uhg I'm goin to watch a movie.

gwest_ca

Section 9 of this service manual should help

Garry

Dan693

This is the pulley and clutch arm I need to remove.

Thanks for the manual Garry

20181129_061434.jpg

The Tuul Crib

Crazy question, have you tried a gear puller? :confusion-shrug:

peter lena

https://www.google.com/search?q=split+flange&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=MSN8eahjnzF7CM%3A%2CMCzJMJxHJohC0M%2C_&usg=AI4_-kT3fs0KoMIjZ_9oRSekgdJuTN_uWg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjQndqj1PneAhUHTN8KHeMTCMQQ9QEwBnoECAMQBg#imgrc=K1qRXGCYGdvCRM:&spf=1543496454312, looks like if you take off the inner vertical bracket, you could bolt on a split flange , to pull against the gear puller arms. you have to meet ,strength against strength , with that set up , obviously a good penetrant soaking , but if you are solid against each other , that pulley should move. pete  

Dan693

Almost too much info to list. Hugely complicated PTO removal on a K482. I got if off but took 2 nights of scratching my head.

Small pulley with 2 set screws that took a torch to break free. Must have been for some extra implement. Doesn't show the small pulley in the manual. 

Stub shaft inside of the small pulley that wasn't evident until I broke the small pulley with a 3 jaw puller.

Tiny C clip inside of main clutch shaft almost too tiny to see. Would have never come off if I hadn't noticed it by chance.

Manual said remove outer clutch plate by hand......took soaking it and a 5 pound sledge.

Jeez

I'm good now