Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

working Horse/Working woman

jusjeepn

This is just a teaser! Check my post in the Picture Gallery under Horses at work.

003.jpg

sorekiwi

Your setup looks like its working well Pat! :thumbs:

Whatcha planting?

jusjeepn

Mike, It works great! I use the Brinly slot hitch adapter to pull the plow and the Brinley "A" frame cultivator. The disc and rear tool bar cultivators are W/H so they go in the slot hitch. It doesn't look like I'll even have to get out the tiller this year. Ground looks ready to plant as is and has 8"-12" good soil on top. I think I'll add a load of manure and just disc it in this year. We plan on planting green beans, corn, peas, tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, sun flowers, onions, green peppers, cucumber's, jalapeno's, and melons. The 69 Electro is working out great (it's first year at gardening). Last year it only saw lawn duty along with the 67 J/D 112 until the 520H came along. The 70 Electro did all the gardening last year.

The starter went out on the 69 today, so I had to rob the starter off the 70 since it wouldn't start the other day anyway (probably head gasket). So I'm in the market for another one. I'll have this one rebuilt but i also need one for the Raider 10/12 anyway.

Sorry so windy tonight I'll end it with saying I am very happy with setup and it should serve me well this year!

Pat

Mike

Pat, looks like it's doing great.

Indiana sweet corn :thumbs:

MaineDad

Pat,

Nice pictures and a nice plot you have there. By the looks of all of the pictures, and the angle of the sun, you had a fun filled day on the Wheel Horse.

One question for you if I may? Is there an adjustment on the plow for depth? It looks like in some of your pictures that the Landslide is tilted too high and not running flat in the furrow. You get more of a flip in the soil with the landslide running more flat.

But all in all, it looks like the soil is ready. I cannot play in the garden for at least another 5 to 6 weeks! We still have at least 3 feet of snow on the ground up here! Luck you...

jerrell

:thumbs: congrats in getting an early start jj, down here it is still raining and so wet i can't even get into the yard without burying up, been wet for about 6 weeks now, rain every 2 or 3 days, and i am getting anxious,,,,, :whistle:

Hey , wasn't miss jj supposed to get a pink horse?? or do i have her confused with someone else??????? :whistle:

jusjeepn

Yes Jerrell, She is getting a pink horse. I got the vinyl from TD (vinylguy) last Thursday. I'll be making the paint this week to match the vinyl! I'm gonna try the electrolisys this week on a few small pieces. I'll post about it later on! And YES, we had a great time "horse'n around"!

Micah, Thanks for the advice on the plow! Last fall I plowed deep and ran the disc over it a couple a times. I'm pretty much just busting up what settled over the winter and turning in the ashes from the wood stove! I tried using the disc to do this at first, but it was more compacted than I thought! It'll be at least 3-4 weeks before we plant anything anyway. I work for the power company and were starting our busy season (storms). This is just a head start for me since I got a late start last year! I'll be watching your gardening with anticipation!

Teddy da Bear

She looks like she is having fun!

If all that ground behind her is yours.......she gotta lotta work to do! :whistle: :thumbs: