HPIM0998.jpg

HPIM0999.jpg

TJ

Neat old tractor. :thumbs:

taycotrains

That is a very interesting machine.

BT

rustbucket

if i can get it running and in good shape i might be driveing around jack town spring show on it so keep an eye out buzz.

Operator

This shows that I'm OTD ,but I remember those very well! It looks like the Big Horses checking out the "new guy" in the yard.

Randy

hounddoghundzsa

:thumbs: What's the hand crank on the top of the hood for? Neat lookin' tractor!

rustbucket

that hand crank is acctualy the recoil starter

you crank the living heck out of it to tension the big spring inside then thow the tiny lever to release the stored up tension to spin the engine over.

hounddoghundzsa

Wierd :thumbs:

rustbucket

as i said its OLD thats how they made em back back in the day. and the tranny is just a rubber wheel you shift along a carrier and place in different locations on another spinning wheel. the rear is chain driven off that rubber wheel's axle.

rustbucket

HPIM1001.jpg

forgot this nice little picture of her data plate mounted proudly on the weird transmission.

Buzz

that hand crank is acctualy the recoil starter

you crank the living heck out of it to tension the big spring inside then thow the tiny lever to release the stored up tension to spin the engine over.

Had a push mower with that set up and loved it. The wife couldn't start it with the pull start but when I put the crank start on, off she went. She cut the grass, got the exercise she needed, And I had more time to watch the ball game :thumbs: . But that was a looong time ago.

rustbucket

hey buzz you gonna be seeing me tooling around jack town on it i got her to fire over and run like the horses are our to scrap her. that good old vert techy fired right up once i had the points cleaned and regapped. never touched the carb except to sray a little liquid encouragement into her(starting fluid) also got my lawn ranger to fire over today off her electric ignition she needs a carb rebuild and then she will be ready just alot of surface rust on that old girl.

the homelites gas take is acctualy built into the engine shroud and has a fuel feed from the front of the tank and the back for if your going up or down hill so you dont starve out the carb.