953 nut

Tecumseh Ignition Product, anyone use it?

953 nut

I was reading a back issue of "Farm Show" and came across an interesting product that could be able to save Tecumseh owners some money when they need ignition components. Was wondering if any of you have used one.

http://overnight-solutions.com/index_files/Page682.htm

image7281.jpg

Tecumseh standard Price: $125.00

NEVER MOUNT THE STANDARD COIL ON THE ENGINE - AVOID HEAT & VIBRATION!

image3441.jpg

The NLA OEM 610759 and 610760 are pictured above

Overnight Solutions                    262-391-6670

If I can't solve it, it's not my problem...

Price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping

Tecumseh Bosch Price: $138.00

The Tecumseh HET has been in production since 2005. It is meant to be a simple bolt in replacement for OEM 610759/610760 ignition components at left for HH100 & HH120 models. It will fit all other models equipped with these components as long as a 12V battery is available.

HET is short for Hall-Effect-Trigger, and is a battery powered ignition that does away with aging OEM CDI (capacitive-discharge-ignition) components.

All that you will need to provide is a switch to turn the power on and off to the system. The stock ignition switch only provides ground or open, not 12V. A separate toggle/other switch rated at a minimum of 5A is suggested.

Just let me know if you have any questions

• Like 2

Bucko

Kinda sounds like the Pertronics type ignition device I used to use in older VW Beetle distributors back when (way back when!). It replaced the need for points and its capacitor, and providing a perfect dwell, meaning you never had to adjust, file, or fidgit with gapping points ever again.