The Tuul Crib

Original color on the rims

The Tuul Crib

I just pulled the tires off the wheels of my 855 and the tires are original to the tractor. I thought I would have a hard time breaking the bead but no challenge what so ever. When I got the tire off here is what I found.

The original color! The rim around the bead was not even pitted! I have heard horror stories of how hard the tires are to get off the rims,not these! I had both of them off in 45 minutes.

IMG_4886.JPG

• Like 5

ebinmaine

Best investment we've made in a long time is the HF manual tire changer.

it will do the full removal and installation on rear rims and will at least break the bead on the smaller ones.

Super cool that yours went well.

• Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Best investment we've made in a long time is the HF manual tire changer.

it will do the full removal and installation on rear rims and will at least break the bead on the smaller ones.

Super cool that yours went well.

Yeah and now I'm going to Walmart.com and get my ag tires to put on them !

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

Yeah and now I'm going to Walmart.com and get my ag tires to put on them !

Excellent choice!

The Tuul Crib
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Excellent choice!

Do you know of a original size tire to fit the front of this tractor?  Something close to the original? 

ebinmaine
Just now, The Tool Crib said:

Do you know of a original size tire to fit the front of this tractor?  Something close to the original? 

I'll have to leave that up to the others to answer.

On Trina's 657 she went with front ribs for the baby tractor look and also for better steering traction in the woods.

Dan693

I like the Canvas White from Rustoleum.....not sure about factory but I like it.......

20181014_160226(1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

jebbear

I chose the Rustoleum Almond for my project. When I broke my tires as you did I also found original paint, so I tried a few different paints with a spot test on the original. Although the almond was not exact, it was a pretty close match as near as I could tell.

• Like 2

WHNJ701

I use antique white, personally I don't like bright white on tractor wheels, the antique white is more of an almond/off white color 

• Like 1

McGrew

I paint everything with spray cans, as I don’t have a spray gun.  I have used Rustoleum on many projects, but found the Ace brand premium paints to be superior.  The price is usually the same as Rustoleum, or a little cheaper.  The coverage is excellent, and it has good durability.  When I needed new front tires on my Raider, I glass blasted the rims and hit them with the Ace paint in Ivory.  The color was very close to the original and came out great.  Give it a try.  I think you will be impressed.  Danny

• Like 1

Sarge

Ford Wimbledon white is close to the original Linen Beige, just fyi.

Sarge