snowhound

C-100 not charging

snowhound

My C100 isn't charging so tomorrow I'm going to check the AC out put from the stater.  A  previous owner cut off the molded connector that connects to the regulator/rectifier and put connectors on each wire. My question is do the 2 wires from the stater have specific posts on the regulator/rectifier.  I know which connection is for the orange wire but want to know if it makes a difference which of the remaining 2 connections each wire form the stater are connected to.  In other words does it matter which wire from the stater goes on which of the remaining connectors on the regulator/rectifier after the orange wire is connected?

ebinmaine

No difference Sir.

They're an ac connection.

They're reversible.

• Like 3

snowhound

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was the case but wanted to know for sure before I did anything.

• Like 1

rmaynard

If you have good AC & DC at the rectifier, check your ammeter & connections.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Rob R

Make SURE your rectifier is 100% grounded even to the extent of taking of and sanding the back of it and the tractor..... I had a problem on my C-81 and this WAS the issue. 

KC9KAS
4 hours ago, Rob R said:

Make SURE your rectifier is 100% grounded even to the extent of taking of and sanding the back of it and the tractor..... I had a problem on my C-81 and this WAS the issue. 

I actually run a 12 gauge wire from the negative battery post to one of the bolts holding the regulator to the tractor.

snowhound

I did ground the rectifier but it didn't help, changed the rectifier and problem solved.  Thanks to everyone for the replies