JoeB

Putting on a snowblower

JoeB

I just put my snowblower on a 312 I bought this summer.  The manual and the previous owner say that connector to the lift should be in the highest or third hole in the lift arm.  However when I put the connector in the third hold, I can't put a cotter pin to hold it in place.  There is just no room to get to it.  On the other hand I could put it in the second hole and was able to easily put the locking cotter pin.

So is there a problem using the second hole rather than the third, the highest one?  I've run it, and lifted it and it all seems to work well.  The 312 has a hydraulic lift by the way.

Any thoughts.

Thanks.  You know it is really a great pleasure to drive around on my wheel horse, but of course you all know that.

best,

joeb

• Like 1

Sparky

It's fine where it is. I'm assuming it lifts high enough to drive around.

squonk

The biggest thing with the holes is the torque available to lift the blower. It takes more lifting power in the 2 nd hole. but with hyd lift you don't notice it. You would with the Armstrong lift system. I tried the 2nd hole with the spring assist and it was a bear to lift but the correct hole was way easier.

• Like 1

JoeB

Thanks