Sign in to follow this  
JoeliusZ28

New tires - Maxxis Bighorn 2.0

JoeliusZ28

Just got these installed last week, they're Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's in 23x8-12.  I couldn't find *any* pictures of this tire mounted on a tractor anywhere, so I figured I'd post them up for others to reference.  I'm regretting not going with the 10" wide size as they ended up being a little narrower than i expected (they look narrower than the stock tire to me) and I don't think the extra width would have sacrificed any traction.  That said, I'm confident they're going to work just fine.  They are filled to the top with beet juice and have quite a bit of weight to them.  I use this tractor to cut grass, run the snowthrower, and I am hoping to use it for plowing/discing my garden this spring too.  Was planning to use my wheel weights in combination with this but I don't even think it will be necessary.

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

Edited by JoeliusZ28
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Adding the extra wheel weights will only enhance your traction in the garden or plowing/blowing snow, they do look aggressive on your :wh:...i have these in my ATV...Sedona RipSaw...

IMAG0539.jpg

KC9KAS

Very aggressive looking tire!

JoeliusZ28

Figured I should report back on the performance - these things are phenomenal in the snow!  Better than my chains/turf tire combo by a mile.  If I ever need more traction i still have my wheel weights and hitch weights i can toss on.  Highly recommend them but make sure you get them fluid filled!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Firebug

I just got a set of Sedona mud rebels today for my d 200 in the 26-12-12 size. 5 gallons of washer fluid in each and put my chains on. Hopefully get them put on the tractor on Wednesday and do some plowing. I have a set of 27-8.5-16 Goodyear ags filled for dirt work in the summer