SamH

C-195

SamH

Hey guys, I'm considering a c-195 as an upgrade for my c-175 and was curious what you think it should go for? Haven't looked at it in person yet but looks clean in pics, rear pto and finish mower. Would I be better looking for a 520 or a d series? what should I look out for? Hoping it's an easy swap getting my loader put on it if I go that route. Thanks!

Screenshot_20181114-183429.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

I would take a Super C (C-195) over a "D" or 520 any day. If it runs and drives as well as it looks I would say $ 1,000 would be a bargain price for that unit.

Your loader sub frame should be a direct bolt up with no problems.

Hope you can get it.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

and it's a Black Hood...:ph34r:

SamH

I agree on the black hood, and this one is a lot prettier than mine. Would like to keep a 195 as dedicated loader and then get something else for mow and snow. I actually just missed out the other day on a 312-8 with blower that looked mint from the pics, owner just gave it away free. Broke my heart. 

Screenshot_20181114-204959.png

Aldon

That set up is worth 2-2500 if it runs well and is as good as it looks in photo. Commonly 1500 without the rear PTO and add to that a 3 point rear deck. Of course if you can get it for less, you will have gotten a nice deal.

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

I have seen that machine in person. It's nice. Have not heard it run. With the purchase I have already made I lake the funds otherwise it would have been mine. I have to go up there soon, providing if weather holds out I could get a video of it running if your interested in that.

SamH

That'd be great.

Trying to see if any sort of trade can be worked out. I'm new to this wheeling and dealing stuff and don't know what people generally do and don't want. If not I gotta see if I can sell my stuff quick and scrape up the cash...doesnt matter how much your junk is worth if no-one wants to buy it lol. 

Anyone know how the steering is for the 195s? I know it can be tough getting my 175 to turn with the weight of the loader on it, which was one of the reasons i was considering a 520h with the swept axle and gear reduction steering. There's too much to learn.

Blackhood Bill

I agree lot to learn. Since your thinking of maybe doing a trade just email the person or call if there is s number and ask. I'm to new at this to advise on values.

SamH

I've already reached out.

953 nut
6 hours ago, SamH said:

Anyone know how the steering is for the 195s? I know it can be tough getting my 175 to turn with the weight of the loader on it,

The steering on the C-195 and C-175 are the same parts. A good heavy weight box on the three point hitch will help. Also, you can add a thrust bearing between the bottom of the axle and the spindle. Just need to take enough off the top of the axle to make up for it.

$_61.JPG

• Like 1

bds1984

I would go for the gear reduction steering off of a 520 on a C195 if I ever owned another.  I had one with the thrust bearings and a 60" deck; not too hard to steer, but nothing like my C165 with the steering gear from a 520H.  Or for your added pleasure, you could swap in the 520H steering system into this C195 if you purchase it that way you get the best of all worlds combined.  

• Like 2

SamH

Great ideas, thanks guys.

Goofey

If wheel horse tractors was trucks, any standard size tractor like 520, 414, 310 and so on is a F150 with different extras, and the C195 is a F350.

Much more a real tractor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ztnoo

If everybody looks on Indiana CL sites for "Wheel Horse", you will find it.

Seller is a member here at RS.

Tractor in particular looks really good, IMO.

No hours mentioned........but I can't say if the model even has a hour meter, let alone, does it work if it does.

He states he's a trader, so if you have some toys to exchange, the cash differential equation could change substantially.

Tractor and mower $2000
Tractor $1800
Mower $300

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SamH
52 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

If everybody looks on Indiana CL sites for "Wheel Horse", you will find it.

Seller is a member here at RS.

Tractor in particular looks really good, IMO.

No hours mentioned........but I can't say if the model even has a hour meter, let alone, does it work if it does.

He states he's a trader, so if you have some toys to exchange, the cash differential equation could change substantially.

Tractor and mower $2000
Tractor $1800
Mower $300

Considering my c-175 for partial trade,  but not sure if I want to let it go or not, it's my first wheel horse and the same age as me lol. Also not sure what would be fair to ask to be honest. Any help there would be appreciated,  I'll throw a few more pics up. It starts and runs good, strong hydro, deck lift leaks from somewhere and I need to replace pto bearing(s). Also not sure if I want to get rid of the blower or fit it to the 195. Thoughts? Appreciate the help everyone.

Screenshot_20181115-162225.png

Screenshot_20181115-162216.png

Screenshot_20181115-162231.png

Screenshot_20181115-162206.png

Screenshot_20181115-162210.png

953 nut

:confusion-confused:                          You can't give up your first :wh:, it is a family member!                         :ychain:

1385045441_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.32c84d85a3e3023d24752526b20c0e2c.jpg

• Like 2

Blackhood Bill

Blower will fit 195. He goes by dw753 on RS. He seems to be a pretty honest person on my opinion. I have delt with him in the past. Yes he has a lot of wheel horse's. 

• Like 1

Skipper

I can only recommend the seller.  He has always been a decent and honest guy in the dealings I have had with him, and I consider him a friend. Need anything WH, he probably has it. I know he has two 195 right now, so.............................

I could be interested in you 175 with the loader on it. You could drop it off in route to picking up the 195. ;-)

And if that 195 runs good, that is a really good price with 3pt. and rear pto.

• Like 2

Wheelhorse4life

Wheelhorse4life

They are great tractors 

I currently own 2

20180505_145557.jpg

• Like 3

refracman

Hes a good guy and that's a decent deal on that package, and with it being a 84 the hydro controls are up top which is nice.

Wheel4life is that your loader now? just wondering looks like one i sold some time back,

029-3.jpg

Blackhood Bill

Sam did you ever decide anything on that c195 please let me know I'm on my way there now

Wheelhorse4life
On 11/17/2018 at 8:37 AM, refracman said:

Hes a good guy and that's a decent deal on that package, and with it being a 84 the hydro controls are up top which is nice.

Wheel4life is that your loader now? just wondering looks like one i sold some time back,

029-3.jpg

Yes it is my loader 

You have a nice one in your picture to