Sign in to follow this  
StanC160

Snow plow linkage missing

StanC160

Bought a c160 with tiller all hooked up and working later purchased a complete snow plow. Unhooked tiller and belt and pulley bracket thats under the frame engine area. Found the steel bar that the is used to pivot up and down and lift a mower deck had been lifted up to stay out of the way now need to use to lift the snowplow up and down but the linkage that connect to this lift that is adjustable rod is this piece of steel is probably used to adjust mower deck height is missing were can I purchase one Thanks Stan

SPINJIM

If you don't need downward pressure on he blade, then a short length of chain is your best bet.   That's what I use, because I have a driveway with hills and valleys.   I lift the plow with hydraulics, and would rather not have a rigid linkage pressing against the hydraulic piston when I go uphill.  I just let the weight of the blade do the scraping.   I own one of the solid links, but have never found a need for it.  Get some chain with links that will fit the clevis pins, cut to the right length for your tractor.  Good luck.

Jim

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

Maybe a few pictures will help, top is with the trans tunnel cover removed, looking from underneath attaching snow plow, third short and long links and where to locate them, Jeff.

IMAG2067.jpg

IMAG3556.jpg

Screenshot_2017-01-16-19-23-40.png

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

StanC160

Thanks for the replies these diagrams explain things to where I can use snowplow on the  c160   automatic this winter driveway is about 120 feet long c160 came with tire chains and fluid in tires probably should get some wheel weights 

• Like 1