Vinylguy

VINYLGUY'S 857 PROJECT

cschannuth
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Agreed.

My honey and I are fixing ours up one at a time and they will be workers when they are done no matter how pretty they look.

The ability to do the work that they do is the reason why we stick to the Wheelhorse brand.

If you are careful with them at all and store them inside, my dad’s 161 is proof that they can still look almost like new after 40+ years of mowing and snow pushing service.  I say use them and enjoy them. 

• Like 5

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:like just about anything, if you want it to be healthy you need to work it

• Like 3

Vinylguy

Brought 857 home for a tough test on 8 inch grass. Performed like new and easily handled the tough conditions till she lost spark.🤔

Where to look first. All wires look good as far as I can tell. 

20190529_190023.jpg.fbbb55507dfa83236df705a05ed653da.jpg

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Ran about 30 minutes then died like I turned key off. Turns over but no spark. Will try again when it cools.

pfrederi

Start at the coil got 12 volts at the + terminal ignition switch in the run position???

• Thanks 1

Vinylguy
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

Start at the coil got 12 volts at the + terminal ignition switch in the run position???

Thanks

Unfortunately my tester is at the lake. Will check that tomorrow.

pfrederi

You could run a jumper wire rom Battery + to teh coil + and see if problem resolves.  if not could be coil failure when it got warm or points issue.  if adding jumperr doesn't work take points over off an d make sure they ar moving...some times the screw can loosen and they slip closed.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Vinylguy

Went back out after KB's Home Run and she started right up. finished the neighbors yard and still running.

Something is getting warm and losing contact?

Love the way these little 32 rear discharge decks cut. Think I will sell the 312-H and take the 857 to the lake.:):greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1