Old Iron

Stack style mufflers

Shynon

This tractor has had a stack on it for about 25 years now. Has not broke or cracked. Most Kohlers the nipple is so rusted into the block you can not get it out. I'm no expert but just my   :twocents-mytwocents:

IMG_4823_zps655e8f84.jpg

• Like 1

zanepetty

Cool. That's a long time! I'm worried about mine but I guess it might have been alright on mine.

zanepetty

Got my muffler in the mail today. It doesn't have paint on it.. I noticed Hodges is black. Did you paint yours on Elvis squonk?

Hodge71

Zane,

Mine was silver and I painted the entire system with 1200 degree header paint

zanepetty

Looks good. Not sure if I want mine black or silver or if I don't want to paint it. It will probably look better if I do

can whlvr

I like stacks a lot,my tractor seemed to have more power compared to the cheap pepper pot I have on it,but can be very bad to the engine if you hit a tree with it like I did,it happened so fast I coulnt believe it,it was braced very well but broke my factory elbow,so for a worker in the woods or cutting grass around trees,or plowing snow near trees I don't recommend it,but for open area they rock :thumbs:

zanepetty

Are there any pics of your brace ?

876wheelhorse

any pics on bracing of these mine is a worker it dont get babied alot. where do you brace from? elbow to ?

wheelhorsekid

IM001165.jpg

I Personally use pipe from TSC with mandrel bends, And on my d-250 I also use the same muffler that TT use's, I don't like using the Black pipe fittings because to me they look like a plumbing job that went wrong :D

What size tire are you running in this picture?