cschannuth

520 PTO Engagement

cschannuth

This is probably an easy one but I haven't had a chance to mess with it so I thought I'd ask the experts and hope the answer will help others.  I finished up the FEL for my 520 a while back and I think I have the hydraulic leaks sealed up.  I've noticed that once in a while my PTO disengages on its own.  I'm assuming I need to adjust the engagement lever rod but I'm not sure without fiddling with it.  I hope to mess with it later this week but in the mean time, if anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

KC9KAS

I have had the same problem and adjusting the PTO engagement rod fix the problem.

• Thanks 1

peter lena

you could try to shim up the area right next to the battery, that entire pto linkage is very sloppy at best. I use both Teflon washers as well as steel washers . open up the hood and look straight down on it , notice the 1/4" of sloppy travel in it? pull out the cotter pin, ( replace with clip pin ) I use Teflon washer at contact areas , both inside and out. fill in the rest with thin washers. washers are available at the small bin section ,in your local hardware store, as well as that clip pin. lubricate with Teflon / lube, very smooth and solid . you could also finish it off at the clutch area , with a female ,stud heim joint, at threaded rod end. I cut down rod about 1, 1/2" and thread over remaining threads . makes for a bombproof pto lever , done this 4 times now, while I was bolting a flange bearing on the steering column . any adjustment on this change , will be easy and solid, no popping out of drive , pete 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth

The trunnion on the PTO rod was just adjusted out too far. I screwed it in about a quarter inch and all is good. 5BB5B296-4D1D-4AB5-A9F3-701449F4CE36.jpeg.fdb61e163b097c56eb33ab04787a9c83.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1