The Tuul Crib

Deck bearings

The Tuul Crib

I am looking on fleabay for deck bearings and saw some difference in prices. They had a set of six for 31 bucks that were Taiwan or Chinese made. Two or three below it where OEM and 20 bucks more.  Of course my choice would be the OEM product but my question is has anyone ever used the bearings from Taiwan or China? Are they any good? 

The Tuul Crib
4 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

I am looking on fleabay for deck bearings and saw some difference in prices. They had a set of six for 31 bucks that were Taiwan or Chinese made. Two or three below it where OEM and 20 bucks more.  Of course my choice would be the OEM product but my question is has anyone ever used the bearings from Taiwan or China? Are they any good? 

Also I'm looking at deck blades on the same side I thought a set of stens that says 350-124 hi lift. Will these work? Their part number 106637 

pfrederi

Wheel horse made  a lot of decks over the years and used a lot of different bearings...What deck model are you talking about???

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

Wheel horse made  a lot of decks over the years and used a lot of different bearings...What deck model are you talking about???

The only number that I can read is the ID number which is a 15-48sc01.  It is on a 520 H and is a 1987 model. 

The Tuul Crib
2 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

The only number that I can read is the ID number which is a 15-48sc01.  It is on a 520 H and is a 1987 model. 

The bearing number is 109966

pfrederi

Too new for me  :P

I bought two tubes (10 ea) bearings from VXB Bearings several years ago. One tube is 3/4" bore the other 17mm both 40mm OD WH used both over the years.  I assume they are from China as they were not that pricey.  Haven't had any failures

Edited by pfrederi

gwest_ca
1 hour ago, The Tool Crib said:

The bearing number is 109966

That should be a 6203 which has a 17mm ID. 

Garry

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
9 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

That should be a 6203 which has a 17mm ID. 

Garry

Thanks Gary , on the blades when it says hi lift in medium lift is one of those for psi discharge and one for a rear discharge

gwest_ca
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

On the blades when it says hi lift in medium lift is one of those for psi discharge and one for a rear discharge

Have never heard of them being described as hi and low lift by Wheel Horse or Toro. They did describe some as low cut but may have been for the European market.

The blades for 36" rear and side discharge were different for a while but don't know how they differed.

Didn't think there were any choices for the 48" blades.

If you have sandy soil you sure don't want hi lift as it will cut the rear wing off in short order. That is one cut for me and I finish cutting the wing off with the grinder and rebalance for safety reasons. Good for a long time that way. At one time a sand blade with no lift was common but not any more so make my own.

Garry

The Tuul Crib
1 minute ago, gwest_ca said:

Have never heard of them being described as hi and low lift by Wheel Horse or Toro. They did describe some as low cut but may have been for the European market.

The blades for 36" rear and side discharge were different for a while but don't know how they differed.

Didn't think there were any choices for the 48" blades.

If you have sandy soil you sure don't want hi lift as it will cut the rear wing off in short order. That is one cut for me and I finish cutting the wing off with the grinder and rebalance for safety reasons. Good for a long time that way. At one time a sand blade with no lift was common but not any more so make my own.

Garry

There were some Sets  on eBay that describe these blades as that. I didn't know if one was best for a side discharge or not .

squonk

I sold tons of 6203 bearings at Napa which were China made. no issues. 

clueless

As a rule the side discharge deck needs a higher lift blade, needs to get the clipping up higher and pushed thru the tunnel to the outlet. Rear deck just lets the clippings just down behind it.

cleat

I have cheap china bearings in my 42 and 48 inch decks and they run quiet and smooth with no failures.

I do pull the inner seal before, and pump spindle full of grease after assembly.

When the seal is removed some are reasonably well greased and some are nearly dry (another reason I grease mine VS leaving them sealed).

Cleat

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
4 hours ago, clueless said:

As a rule the side discharge deck needs a higher lift blade, needs to get the clipping up higher and pushed thru the tunnel to the outlet. Rear deck just lets the clippings just down behind it.

I wish I would've got your thread before I ordered off of eBay. The blades are supposed to be OEM for a 48 inch deck so hopefully this will work !

clueless

The 48" decks are side discharge so the oem blades should work fine. I think the higher lift blades help if you have a bagger, if not they'll just throw the clipping out a little farther.